• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey all, attorney here (don't throw rocks). The ltch does not limit the number of guns you can carry.

IC 1-1-4-1
    (3) Words importing the singular number only may be also applied to the plural of persons and things.

This is part of the rules of general statutory construction and apply to all provisions of the Indiana Code

Yep....Kirk got it....which I either did not know or had forgotten, either way I missed it....don't tell my clients.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I've heard this thought from more than one LEO. I don't know how deep it is set into the overall LEO community but it appears common, at least.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The book I cited earlier is Indiana Place Names, Indiana University Press, 1975, by Ronald Baker and Marvin Carmony.

Bellmore: originially named Northhampton (Massachusetts) but changed in 1852 in honor of a daughter of Thomas Moore by a suggestion of Gen. George K. Steele.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Bellmore: originially named Northhampton (Massachusetts) but changed in 1852 in honor of a daughter of Thomas Moore by a suggestion of Gen. George K. Steele.

But since the name "Bellmore" existed before 1852, I'm guessing Gen. Steele was giving it a felicitous interpretation: "a beautiful daughter of the Moore family" = "Belle Moore" = "Bellmore." That doesn't explain where the name Bellmore *originally* came from. Is it a combination of a French word (beau/belle = beautiful) and an Anglo word (moor = upland)?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hey all, attorney here (don't throw rocks). The ltch does not limit the number of guns you can carry.

IC 1-1-4-1
    (3) Words importing the singular number only may be also applied to the plural of persons and things.

This is part of the rules of general statutory construction and apply to all provisions of the Indiana Code

Does that pertain to wives? :woot:

:spend:

:(

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Does that pertain to wives? :woot:

Two (2) individuals may not marry each other if either individual has a husband or wife who is alive-
    Burns Ind. Code Ann. § 31-11-1-3

A marriage is void if either party to the marriage had a wife or husband who was living when the marriage was solemnized-
    Burns Ind. Code Ann.
    § 31-11-8-2

You just have to decide if you want to keep the state happy, or Joseph Smith.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom