• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    A friend of mine is a 911 dispatcher for Hamilton County. I asked him yesterday if the LTCH status is shown when he runs a DL. He said they recently updated the Computer Aided Dispatch software to include it. This is not only for his terminal but the mobile terminals in the LEO cars. He said it shows whether you have a lifetime or a 4 year and any special status of it (expired, suspended, renewed, pending, etc.). He also said it is attached to the address associated with the LTCH. It doesn't show how many or what kind of firearms just that there is a LTCH and a probability of firearms on site. If a call comes in and a LEO is dispatched it shows up on the screen as a flag that a LTCH is there. They can edit the flag manually to show items of interest once the LEO finds out more information. He said items such as types of firearms seen, amounts of ammo and anything else they might want to know in the future about that address can be added. It's not drawn from a database or the like, it is manually entered. This information is shared with other agencies. Another friend who was with us works for the DHS and he said it's in their system as well. They can even access the supplemental data entered. He said they can do reports by county, zip code, street addresses and radius of a single address. Pretty interesting.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Interesting in deed. So when the patrol cop came for just a sweeping pass through our neighborhood, and waved at me, he may have already known that I have a LTCH?

*edit* doh. Was thinking DHL.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    "Can't get duty to inform passed? We'll show them!"

I can't understand why cops are so interested in the legal possessions of law abiding citizens.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey! This could be good news! Since "providing" your LTCH is supposed to nip the questions.

Now, when they ask about guns during an otherwise routine traffic stop, just say "Of course I am armed. You already know I'm legal. Am I free to go?"

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Last I heard now when Impd runs your plate a guns notice comes up... Did not used to be that way.

not when a plate is run, only when a person is run. sometimes officers will run the registered owner when they run a plate so I can see how that misinformation started. plates and people are separate transactions.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have never seen a run flagged as a firearm hazard unless a prvious run involving firearms occurred at that address. the dispatchers always ask if there are weapons involved when they take calls but I have never seen LTCH status appear on a dispatched run message.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    When they want all the addresses to round up all the guns this sure will make things easy for them.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    "Can't get duty to inform passed? We'll show them!"

I can't understand why cops are so interested in the legal possessions of law abiding citizens.

Actually with Washington and Richardson case laws this works very much to our favor. Also if you happen to forget your LTCH the LEO can easily look it up for you or verify the one you present and avoid jail time and speaking to a prosecutor to get your charges dropped.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have never seen a run flagged as a firearm hazard unless a prvious run involving firearms occurred at that address. the dispatchers always ask if there are weapons involved when they take calls but I have never seen LTCH status appear on a dispatched run message.

When I am run through EPD information several things pop up. Must be different for each department. I doubt I am really an exceptional trouble maker. ;)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hey! This could be good news! Since "providing" your LTCH is supposed to nip the questions.

Now, when they ask about guns during an otherwise routine traffic stop, just say "Of course I am armed. You already know I'm legal. Am I free to go?"

The only problem is the LTCH information is notoriously inaccurate. It must not be updated very often or something. Case in point one of our local criminals was recently released from a two year IDOC stay. I had him on a stop the other night and the database still showed a valid LTCH until 01-06-13

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Actually with Washington and Richardson case laws this works very much to our favor. Also if you happen to forget your LTCH the LEO can easily look it up for you or verify the one you present and avoid jail time and speaking to a prosecutor to get your charges dropped.

Assuming the information is correct in the computer system. Garbage in, garbage out.

Top Bottom