• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I was thinking it may be time to renew my handgun permit. I read up on the process on the in.gov website. The Indiana website directed me to Application for Handgun License to fill out the app online. That site is not encrypted and that exposes a fair amount of personal information during the application process. Does this bother anyone else here or am I just over-thinking the whole thing? (which I tend to do sometimes) When I lived in Delaware County, I just went to the sheriff's dept and got the forms and filled them out. I assume that Montgomery County does it the same way...

Any advice is appreciated.

CodyH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    I've heard they started to do this. Does this make it easier for the state to receive them besides regular mail?

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I've heard they started to do this. Does this make it easier for the state to receive them besides regular mail?

Yes, since it is submitted electronically it is received faster than snail mail.

As far as the OP's question, YMMV but I've heard great things. I personally did it the old fashioned way, but that was prior to the L1 option. My girlfriends recently did the L1 option and once she made the appt with the people and mailed her stuff off, it was back in a couple days. From start to finish ~a week and a half.

Once again YMMV, good luck with your choice!

oldshaky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greensburg
    My local PD said it is different from city to city or county to county . Ripley Co. will do it either way , but in the future look for all permits to be done online first .

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As far as personal information loss, I would be as worried about the clerks in the state offices as a hacker. Some of then are real gems. I had to resolve an issue through the head office of the BMV and I talked to several rude space rangers.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am fairly certain it's encrypted. It may not be an https site, but I was not given notice I was being directed away from a secure page when entering info.

Top Bottom