• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    According to the law you are good to go. You may be denied but I see no reason you wouldn't win on appeal.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    An LTC permit? You want to carry a Lieutenant Colonel around? I don't think that you need a permit for anything lower-ranking than a full bird.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "PTSD diagnosis ..." Not likely THAT, only, but ....

... institutionalization AGAINST YOUR WILL, are grounds for denial. VOLUNTARY COMMITMENT is looked upon as not much more than group therapy. In fact, sometimes the only sure way you can get into G.T. is by signing an "I agree" form, similar to the agreement when you got onto INGUNO. Let me clue you in: UNDER N O CIRCUMSTANCES mention guns or gun-boards while participating in Group Therapy. You'll notice, perhaps, that there are many FISHING magazines in V.A. facilities, while there are NO gun-mags, or catalogues. I used to bring in my out of date magazines and catalogs, and noticed that they did not last long, and I thought that some guys were glomming onto them to take home. Then one day in the waiting-room a lady came by, shuffling the magazines, and she confiscated all of the "good ones." I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "if guys can buy bullets from these kind of people, we have to remove that possibility." Imagine that! "Gun-use, gun-talk, gun-boards" will get you into DEEP shrink-wrap trouble. They can't make their analysis on facts that they do not have evidence of. Been There Done That, & I have the writ of replevin to prove it.
    My guess is that a PTSD diagnosis, reported on the application, would likely result in denial today. I may certainly be wrong.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No why should it be? Unless you been committed voluntary or court ordered, having a PTSD rating is what it is, a service connected disability rating.

Is there a place on the application which asks you to list your SCD rating for PTSD?

Top Bottom