• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK all, I'm needing to get myself an LPK for my first AR/AR Build. I'd like something good, but I don't need a match trigger... this will be a "working" gun, I may start this one out as a 9mm with a mag block and later get a dedicated 9mm Glock mag lower and convert this to a .300Blackout (yes Evan I'll help out too!)

So, DPMS, Spikes, Palmetto, or something else?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd like something good, but I don't need a match trigger... this will be a "working" gun,

I picked Spike's Tactical's Enhanced LPK for my SBR build, and I've been very happy with it. It came with some additional parts that I was going to add myself anyway, so I saved a bit of money overall.

I've heard some folks have had fitment issues with DPMS kits. IIRC melensdad has some horror stories.

PSA is fairly new to the game, so I don't have any direct experience there.

(yes Evan I'll help out too!)

:alright:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Most brands with good Quality Control would be a safe bet. I'm sure with a little searching you can find out if one has issues.

I have had good experiences with RRA, Stag, and Palmetto. I just helped someone build one with the Palmetto kit last night and it hasn't had any issues yet. Everything seems to function well and not have any issues. We'll hopefully be shooting it soon, but so far its been a good one.

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    I have had very good luck with STAG and Daniel Defense. DPMS has given me problems. A couple of Palemetto LPKs are on the way to try out.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Colt, G&R, Del-ton, RRA. I haven't had any trouble with any of those. The Del-tons work pretty darn good on a budget build. The G&R feels very good after adding a kns pin kit.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Anyone know if the hammer in the RRA Lower is 9mm friendly?

Depends if your using a ramped 9mm bolt. If so, any rounded hammer should work fine. If your using Rock Rivers, a dedicated 9mm hammer is necessary.

I like the RRA LPK's, especially the 2 stage for the price. My favorite one currently though, is the Spikes Enhanced. Very smooth single stage trigger, with a ton of upgrades right out of the box.

Top Bottom