• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    M-PRO 7 gun cleaner doesn't smell and works great in the house.

+1

Tried it once and thought the guy that recommended it was nuts because it didn't do anything besides get the parts wet. About a year or two later I was reading another strong recommendation for it that explained you must allow it to sit for a few minutes before you scrub or wipe. I decided to give it one more try. I was immediately sold on it.

I bought a gallon of it. It doesn't smell at all and is incredibly effective when used as instructed. I used to chase the whole family out of the house or get chased out myself (to the garage ... even in the winter) because of the smell from all the other stuff I tried (Hoppes, Outers, Wilson Combat, Break Free, Gun Scrubber, Various Bore Foams, etc.) Now the whole family can sit around watching TV while I'm right there at my table cleaning gear.

Remember, MPro-7 is just a cleaner. It is not a lubricant or protectant. I use Militec (oil and grease) for lube if the gun is being carried or in use. If the gun is being stored and not being used frequently, I use Eezox to treat the metal. I still have to go outside to use the Eezox. That one smells.

MPro-7 Weapon Care System

Militec-1

Eezox (I use it for long term storage. It's a lousy cleaner and lousy lubricant)

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have gone to tetra gun scrubber in the aerosol can. supose to be envirofreindly,smells like pine I love it and the pressure really blasts off grime.
    or soak em in a bucket of diesel I love the smell of diesel :)

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The pro-shot 1 step cleaner is low odor and really good. If you go to the 1500 the guy with all the cleaning products sellls it.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    My wife hates the smell of Hoppes too. But she deals with it. It always reminds me of cleaning guns with my Dad when I was a kid. Many, many moons ago...

Top Bottom