• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    In all seriousness, we had a great first date today that lasted 8 hours! I do believe I've found a keeper. But I appreciate the advice to go slowly. Rest assured, I will.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I don't know, for me it'd depend on a few things. Like her thoughts on Glocks, how superior she views the 1911 platform to other guns, OC vs. CC. Gotta cover all of the bases you know?

Edited to add: if the first date was 8 hours, that's a good sign. My first "date" with my wife lasted about 12 hours in college. Ended up walking her back to her dorm as the sun was coming up. Just celebrated 10 years of marriage Friday.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It was hot out today. Did you go with pants or shorts? I'd ask what she wore but that might be weirder. Did you change your carry habit for the date?

The first date with my wife I got lost twice heading downtown (from two miles away) and walked into a parked car. She had me from the get go.

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I don't know, for me it'd depend on a few things. Like her thoughts on Glocks, how superior she views the 1911 platform to other guns, OC vs. CC. Gotta cover all of the bases you know?

Edited to add: if the first date was 8 hours, that's a good sign. My first "date" with my wife lasted about 12 hours in college. Ended up walking her back to her dorm as the sun was coming up. Just celebrated 10 years of marriage Friday.

Oddly enough, we DID talk about most of those things. She owns a Glock (and let me shoot it today) but I don't thinks she's really a "Glock Person". Whicjh is a good thing. She even shot my Ruger SR9 and liked it enough that she recommended it to a friend. I mentioned I want a 1911 and she didn't react much, positively or negatively. She's pro-CC, which is a GOOD thing.

And did I mention she had her own range, right outside her back door?!?

We have definite plans for next Sunday, if not before. Yeah, it was a GOOD day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oddly enough, we DID talk about most of those things. She owns a Glock (and let me shoot it today) but I don't thinks she's really a "Glock Person". Whicjh is a good thing. She even shot my Ruger SR9 and liked it enough that she recommended it to a friend. I mentioned I want a 1911 and she didn't react much, positively or negatively. She's pro-CC, which is a GOOD thing.

And did I mention she had her own range, right outside her back door?!?

We have definite plans for next Sunday, if not before. Yeah, it was a GOOD day.

HHHHhhhmmmmmmmm.....................No reaction to the mention of a 1911. That could be a red flag.....:laugh6:

Sounds like a great day.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Yeah, it WAS hot today. Um, I wore jeans and a t-shirt, she did too. Not my usual first date attire, but our plans were to get lunch at a casual place then hit the gun range. I didn't carry at lunch, left had my DB9 in the console and the SR9c under the seat until we got to Red Brush (yes, OF COURSE she's a member). She carried a Glock most of the day.

It's hard to get lost in Newburgh... lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sat and talked with a girl for 6 hours without either of us getting up but she wasn't into guns so it didn't work out lol

When I met my darling wife she was secure in her opinion that guns/Harleys and tattoos were for trailer trash........not her exact words but the meaning is there.
    After 33 years of marriage She is on board with me on all 3. Has owned her own full sized Harley, has a sweet tattoo and loves my guns.
    It takes some patience and effort but I have won her entire family over. Taught all the woman to shoot.

Just saying not to pass up something that might work out over one area. Now the 1911 thing is still a red marker.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    When I met my darling wife she was secure in her opinion that guns/Harleys and tattoos were for trailer trash........not her exact words but the meaning is there.
    After 33 years of marriage She is on board with me on all 3. Has owned her own full sized Harley, has a sweet tattoo and loves my guns.
    It takes some patience and effort but I have won her entire family over. Taught all the woman to shoot.

Just saying not to pass up something that might work out over one area. Now the 1911 thing is still a red marker.
    I think I can get past the 1911 thing... Now if she didn't like my dog... That would be a different story...

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I've found that dating is over rated. My wife & I have never had a date in almost 18 yrs. We've also never had an argument. One thing we've both always understood and have stuck to. This is a Popeye marriage. I am what I am. That simple concept goes both ways and has never done us wrong. We liked what we found and have never tried to change each other.

Top Bottom