• vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    what an idiot.

I thought this was a thread about people tailgating at a game or something. My brain isn't working today.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I hate tailgaters also, almost as bad a I hate the people who never leave the left lane. As far as the story goes, this guy needs locked up and the key thrown away.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Tailgaters used to infuriate me to no end. I would even shake my fist in front of the rearview mirror or tap the brakes a couple times before slamming them on. What I realized is that I was allow the tailgater to control me. If I am in the hammer lane it is because I need to pass someone in the right lane. If my lane is blocked I have no option but to wait until who ever is in front of me moves out of the way so that I can pass then resume my position in the right lane. If the person tailgating me thinks that they have the right to be in front of me and get angry because I won't give up a position that I had first "GET OVER IT" I will move over when I can and you can be on your merry way.

Life is too short to be controlled by inconsiderate people. :twocents:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Guarantee there's more to the story than what's in that article.

Not necessarily. I was on the toll road in OHIO and some chick in a Minivan passed me and the others doing fifteen mph over the posted speed. The flow of traffic was doing about seven to eight over as we were following a trooper. I tried to wave the slow down wave at the chick to let her know and she just gave me a who do you think you are look.

I thought she will slow down when she sees the trooper, but nope. She started tailgating the trooper for about five miles before he was able to move to the right lane due to traffic. When the chick in the minivan passed him, he moved back in behind her and lit her up. This is a prime example of some people are smarter than others.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Guarantee there's more to the story than what's in that article.
    You are right about that and I'm sure that this dude will get to share his side of the story in court, unless his attorney gets him a plea deal. From what one gathers from the news story, he has a lot of anger issues and probably needs some counseling. BTW, one doesn't have to be in the fast lane to have someone ride one's bumper (I'm talking about driving motor vehicles here :):).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was tailgated by a marked IPD car one time, early Sunday morning, NO other cars on the road (this is I-70 mind you). He was probably as pissed to be there as I was, but I still kick myself for not hitting the brakes hard enough that he'd have to explain it to his supervisor. Probably just as well, though, it wouldn't be as much fun after being curb stomped by officer roid rage.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No one likes to be hung up in traffic. When all lanes are at a crawl, there is no such thing as hogging the left lane. If you cannot switch lanes, you cannot switch lanes.

I was in the far left lane and the traffic was crawling for over twenty minutes. Some joker in a high end Mercedes was behind me flashing the high beams and blowing the horn. Due to the crest in the highway, a child could clearly see that traffic was hung up for miles. Door to door, bumper to bumper at 3mph. The chump then starts flipping me off. When traffic stopped I got out to "see what the man wanted". He opened his mouth and proved he was not a mature adult. It was like a Saturady night live skit. My car is stopped in the left lane, I am standing on the shoulder and he is threating me through a window only open two inches. The traffic started moving (except my car) and he started to force his way right, jamming his fender right into the path of the car on the right. The other guy was not paying attention and I really enjoyed the sound of bending german tin and snapping german plastic.

I motored away at a blazing 4mph, glad that someone taught me not to throw temper tantrums when I was 2.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You guys who are hitting the brakes to attempt to cause an accident you should know you will be cited. It is illegal to use your vehicle in this manner. Not all rear end collisions are the rear cars fault.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Seeing Red

You guys who are hitting the brakes to attempt to cause an accident you should know you will be cited. It is illegal to use your vehicle in this manner. Not all rear end collisions are the rear cars fault.

It's the red light that panics them as much as your stopping car. If I have a tailgater I will use both feet. One on the accellerator and a second on the brake pedal. The red brake lights come on, tailgater slams on his brakes, I am driving away. I get my subtle satisfaction without having my car rear ended.

Speaking of accelerators, if you get in the left lane to pass someone and you are backing up traffic then use your accelerator and finish the pass and get the heck out of the way. You can reset your cruise control to a daring 2mph over the speed limit when you are back in the right lane.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    When traffic stopped I got out to "see what the man wanted".

Wow, I would have stayed in my car. It goes without saying you should be careful when dealing with immature adults who may be both irrational and armed. These days people get shot for texting and throwing popcorn!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom