Louisville Mayor is asking gun owners to leave their firearms at home...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mayor Fischer can **** in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster... No way in hell I would relinquish my responsibility for my own personal security to the LMPD for this event.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    If the mayor is realistic, he knows that his request will have little to no impact on those intending to carry (both good guys and bad guys), so I can't help wondering what he thought he would accomplish with his request.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Odds are, they are just trying to keep the revenue coming in. He knows the reputation the area is getting after the 200 thug march recently, and he is trying to calm everyone's fears so they come and spend money in his location. He knows the bad guys will not leave their guns at home, and neither will the good guys. He is also laying the ground work if there is a shooting, he can claim he asked the citizens to leave their guns at home so this would not happen. The only way I will leave my gun at home, is if I plan to stay home. As has been posted already, if I feel the need to bring more firepower and more ammo due to increased risk, I should take that as a sign to stay away from the event.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Just curious, but how come, in ALL their promotional material, neither the Mayor of Louisville nor the Mayor of Jeffersonville have stated that criminals are prohibited and therefore must stay home?

"Sure Mayors, IF you can guarantee that NO criminality of any kind can or will take place any where in the expanded vicinity of the event and it's surroundings, I'll consider leaving my firearm at home." :):

The answer will still be "No", but I'll consider it. :lmfao:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just curious, but how come, in ALL their promotional material, neither the Mayor of Louisville nor the Mayor of Jeffersonville have stated that criminals are prohibited and therefore must stay home?

"Sure Mayors, IF you can guarantee that NO criminality of any kind can or will take place any where in the expanded vicinity of the event and it's surroundings, I'll consider leaving my firearm at home." :):

The answer will still be "No", but I'll consider it. :lmfao:

To me, the mayors are saying that they've lost control of the city to the thugs and are asking law abiding citizens to become easy targets for criminals. Yep, makes plenty of sense.

Djangotarantino

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    City of Jeffersonville, IN

From the city website.

"As in the past, the City of Jeffersonville prohibits certain items and activities on city property, including city streets, parking lots and the riverbank. These are regulated by City Ordinance 2009-OR-20 and 2010-OR-1, specifically relating to Thunder Over Louisville, as well as all applicable city, state and federal laws. Prohibited items include alcoholic beverages, weapons, pets, open flames, tents, portable buildings, tarps, skateboards, bicycles, motorized scooters, and golf carts, except those used by police, EMS, city officials, or Kentucky Derby Festival personnel."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    City of Jeffersonville, IN

From the city website.

"As in the past, the City of Jeffersonville prohibits certain items and activities on city property, including city streets, parking lots and the riverbank. These are regulated by City Ordinance 2009-OR-20 and 2010-OR-1, specifically relating to Thunder Over Louisville, as well as all applicable city, state and federal laws. Prohibited items include alcoholic beverages, weapons, pets, open flames, tents, portable buildings, tarps, skateboards, bicycles, motorized scooters, and golf carts, except those used by police, EMS, city officials, or Kentucky Derby Festival personnel."

Umm. Pre-emption maybe.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I know!!:rofl:

I just loved the "common sense" comments...sure Mayor Fischer, common sense says leave your firearm at home while going to an event with around 500,000 people attending that forces you to park your car somewhere and walk through areas that you wouldn't normally walk through in the middle of the night :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on this kid...LMPD arrests man in connection with Thunder Facebook threats | WHAS11.com Louisville
    Edit: read the Facebook post the kid made thats in the article linked above...im not sure how they saw that as a threat, i cant even decipher what hes saying...its like reading a Harleyrider_50 ​post but much worse :):
    The Mrs. and I will NOT be staying for the fireworks...but she requested that we go for the airshow:rockwoot:

:):.........

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Common sense that Mayor Fischer says includes leaving your guns at home -- as he discourages those with conceal and carry permits to bring their own form of protection. "I don't think it's a good idea," said Fischer. "Obviously they have a right to do that, but things can escalate when that takes place."

Sounds like they are trying very hard to imply that they cannot legally carry, yet give the one liner for a CYA in case a person with a LTCH gets injured and could have defended themselves. Nothing like a law suite against the city who said to leave protection at home because we are going to take full responsibility for your safety.

This is the Louisville side, and I don't really think the city of Jeffersonville has the legal right to invalidate a State LTCH.

Top Bottom