• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That wide brush is a two-way street. A big part of the problem with discussions like this is that INGO has a pretty heavy concentration of IMPD among its lawmen. I can remember about 25 years ago, then-IPD had some serious integrity problems, and worked hard at cleaning house before most of these officers took root there, and the result is that IMPD as we know it is one of the better departments as evidenced by the fact that you don't see them in the paper for doing stupid/corrupt things. Consequently, these officers see the argument through that lens, and understandably so. More important, they do not really have the frame of reference to understand the perspective of people like me who have spent far more time with the police standing as the worst criminals in the community right down to one-stop shopping for drugs (i.e., buy, use, and get busted) at the cop shop, among plenty of other forms of malfeasance, or being left in the unenviable position of having to deal with such problems without the benefit of any particular official support or assistance.

The net result is that on one side we have people who tend to approach all representatives of the criminal justice system with distrust, and on the other, we have honest members of that same system who would tend to agree that all five corrupt participants in the US should indeed be put in prison for their malfeasance, demonstrating that the broad brush runs both ways, largely as a product of personal experience.

Which cop shop could you go to to buy drugs?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Get's uglier. They've set bail at $1 million apiece. And it looks like there may have been a history between the cop and the victim. The cop had apparently been hitting on the victims girlfriend and had been warned off. I could conceivably see the charges being upped, given that, to 1st degree attempted murder. A would be revenge killing looks likely.

'Y'all just don't know what the hell we go through': News of past issues, run-ins with Marksville officers surfaces | News | The Advocate - Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Top Bottom