• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Two on the North side recently, one on the south side and one in the Fox Hill neighborhood north west. Good grief! And of course suspects in the most recent on the North side all had previous felony convictions for similar crimes. There was another last night near downtown. It's infuriating! I refuse to live like a prisoner in my own house always locking the doors and windows and being suspicious of everyone. I have three kids and want them to be able to come and go outside to play but these recent events make me want to lock down the house and carry constantly. I love Indianapolis and have always live in the inner city but sometimes I think I will pack us all up and move to the country.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And it is not just the "inner city". The crimes are moving out into what used to be considered the safe suburbs. I watch the news daily for instances of this behavior. Then I send links of the news items to my wife. This has gotten her attention like nothing else I have said or done. We are now having meaningful conversations about weapons in the home and defense plans.

Plan ahead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is the youth drug culture. They are fearless, lacking in morale fiber and could give a :poop: about anything beyond their own personal desires.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I hope they continue to catch these people or gang members who are invading these homes and lock them up for a very long time or they catch some lead. It would be nice to also find out more about why they end up choosing these homes or was it something like a random home the criminals end up picking to rob. Some of these idiots have even posted pictures of themselves on facebook along with the things they have stolen before to brag about it. Like this guy Brandon Saloane robbing a bank https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...003911.-2207520000.1383604844.&type=3&theater

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They pick these places by appearance....wealth, a lot of nice cars etc.
    They may see elderly who can not defend themselves.
    They are told by friends that there is a lot of cool hi-dollar stuff in the house or there is cash. Kids friends that have been inside spread the word.
    This will be more the norm as time goes on.

Anyone read "A Clockwork Orange"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I try to avoid visible patterns like what time of day I check the mail, take out trash, which door i exit, time I turn on and off lights inside and out. Also I try to be observant of new cars (new to my AO) in my neiborhood, and any with a line of sight to my house. Go home using different routes and observing cars that might be following. Its a fine line between paranoia and just being observant in order to protect your family. There are different type of theives. These types that intentionally come into your home knowing that you will be home are the most dangerous I think. They are ready for a confrontation. Another good reason to always be armed even inside your home. Have a plan for this and fire and tornados and floods and earthquakes, Ect, and make sure you routinely role play it. If you have kids make it fun. Also if you have good neighbors discuss certain plans with them. My neighbors watch out backs and is theirs.
    we also reenforced our doors. Windows are next, but still are alarmed and locked. I have a routine a habit of checking locks on doors and windows. If you have a basement don't forget those windows.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The one on the near south side was a coworker and friend. Kevin's wife opened the back door not knowing that an assailant was standing in front of the door. He pushed past Michelle and when Kevin confronted him he was stabbed 3 times with a butcher knife. He is still in critical at Methodist. If you have a second a thought or prayer would be appreciated.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The ones up on the north side had big lots and big trees. Bushes all around the house.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    this is the main reason I moved from this area. I grew up in Mooresville, went in the Air Force after graduation and moved to Whiteland when I got out. I stayed there about 2 yrs. when I got custody of my oldest son, I decided I did not want to raise him in this kind of environment. I now live in SW. part of the state, and am raising 2 of my granddaughters here. much better area for them. the money I make is not equal to what I could be making if I lived closer to a big city, but hey, money aint everything. please all, be safe, and vigilant at all times.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    The one on the near south side was a coworker and friend. Kevin's wife opened the back door not knowing that an assailant was standing in front of the door. He pushed past Michelle and when Kevin confronted him he was stabbed 3 times with a butcher knife. He is still in critical at Methodist. If you have a second a thought or prayer would be appreciated.

Nobody was hurt on the south side and they were confronted in the garage. Or at least that's the story the news sold me. Was this a different event that I'm unaware of?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

Prayers sent

Top Bottom