• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I must’ve done a poor job communicating in my prior post; my train-of-thought was more on rabbits & habitat than national agriculture yields.

Then why even bring up the "small time wannabe farmer" that has cleared "scrub brush, poor producing land" using "government grants" that is "going to fail when that land doesn't produce well"? If it was outside the point of your conversation then it didn't really need to be brought up...

Just because you hunt all over doesn't mean you know what land produces well and what land doesn't, unless you're also taking crop yield surveys and collecting vast amounts of information from all those private individuals as well. You would be quite surprised what land can produce given that the crops are well matched and the weather cooperates. Some years the worst river bottom flood plains produce the best crops (typically dry years) because of the more favorable characteristics of that ground...

Sorry if my response offended you, I just saw it as a personal attack on that farmer... maybe you used too many of the phrase/words commonly used by ignorant people that bash farmers for the things they do and it set me off... either way, leave the farmer out of it, if it's his ground he can do what he wants and if he loses his pants as a result its on him, not you...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Good thing you saw them when you did or you'd end up with rabbits like mine.

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

That rabbit has apparently met Sally Forth

Top Bottom