• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last time I carried without my LTCH, I was disarmed in the middle of a busy Subway, and berated publicly by two dick officers that didn't know the law.

So... best to resolve the situation and keep it on you, even if you don't need it on you.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I used to make copies and have them everywhere. Now I just have scanned it into the comp u tater and have a copy on my dumb phone. I also carry the pink laminated slip they sent in the mail. But this way i have a digital copy and can print new ones from home at my lesiure. A side note, I have never lost a copy to date!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I scanned both sides of the LTCH page in my scanner as images. Then I printed the front side, put the paper back in, and printed the back side. It printed the pink background and the black text, and it was pink on both sides, so it pretty much looked like the original. Then I just cut it out and signed it.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed.
    I can imagine an officer getting a little irritated if when you asked for it you told them that you called the office and they said it was OK.

I am also told that they can see you have LTCH when they run your license. I was told this by a Jasper City Police officer. I also don't remember reading anything stating I was required to carry my license. Not even on the license itself. That said, I also wouldn't cross state lines without it as someone else previously mentioned.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Last time I carried without my LTCH, I was disarmed in the middle of a busy Subway, and berated publicly by two dick officers that didn't know the law.

So... best to resolve the situation and keep it on you, even if you don't need it on you.

But do you think two dick officers would have been that much less of dick officers simply because you had a pink piece of paper in your wallet? You are far more optomistic of the magical powers of this pink piece of paper than I would be. I've had officers screamm at me and tell them I had the DUTY to inform them I was carrying. I told him wrong answer pal...

I've had a hick town marshall tell me it was illegal for me to carry in condition one with my 1911 after he requested I hand it over during a traffic stop. I couldn't contain my laughter at that one and politely asked he cite the Indiana code that he was referencing. He took it back to his car (presumably to run the serial numbers) and then returned it unloaded. Gave me the firearm, and magazine. Kept the one from the chamber.

In every instance I had the pink piece of paper... and in no way do I believe it made any of these individuals any less of the dicks they always are.

Top Bottom