• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Get new key and glue it to the back side of the key lock on the steering column so the sensor call still read it. Put a cheap non-chipped key on your keyring. If you lose the cheap one, you pull the chipped one off and copy it.

Somebody has seen the workaround for chipped keys with aftermarket remote starters. :):

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    No, I thought of it myself. My wife's car's key lock broke, so i rewired everything to two switches. 1 turns everything on, and one starts the car. I glued the sensor underneath the steering wheel. All you do is hold the key next to it, turn on the power switch, hit the other switch to engage the starter. Then at work I lost one of the keys to the van, leaving only one left. I had a cheap copy made and shoved the chipped one into the rubber boot on the gear select, right next to the keylock. I never have to explain to the boss why I lost the other key to his van.

Last edited:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Funny story... So i called a lock smith to come out. Set the appointment for 2:30.. He calls and says he cant make it until 4. The key has been missing at least a month. The wife finds the key in the yard...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Funny story... So i called a lock smith to come out. Set the appointment for 2:30.. He calls and says he cant make it until 4. The key has been missing at least a month. The wife finds the key in the yard...

So she found it before he came out? Outstanding.

Top Bottom