• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Found out this afternoon that I'll be losing my job of 7.5 years on November 29. Why? Because they're instituting a new policy that any contractor that has been there more than 18 months needs to go. Why? I don't know. Yea, I've been a contractor that long but I got benefits and PTO, so it wasn't a bad deal.

There's 7 of us effected, out of a group of 9. We have sorta suspected this would happen for a few months, but it still sucks to hear the news, and for the last day to be Black Friday. Guess I won't be going TV shopping! :(

I do desktop support work and just finished my MBA, so if anyone hears of anything near Fishers, let me know.

Otherwise, just venting. :ar15::ar15:

Sorry buddy. Hate to hear it.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    i believe at lot of the 925 was from attrition and closin positions that they were trying to fill too, they didn't fire 925.

There's a few of us here actually. The hospital has to hit financial goals. They know reimbursement and revenue to hospitals will drop big time with ObamaCare, just like every other network who is dropping employees. ObamaCare is hitting every industry as companies see increased employment expense due to insurance costs. It's twice as bad in medicine because we get the increased costs at the same time we get a massive drop in revenue. I don't blame the hospitals. I blame Obama, the Democrats, and every jerk who voted for it.

if you know liberals, ask them how they feel about your friends and family being fired from their job simply because of Obamacare. Liberals need to see/feel the consequences of their utopian ideas. Look them in the eye and let them know they are destroying lives and helping no one.

The reality of it is many of the Obamanuts don't blame the above scenario on ObamaCare. They're just too busy parroting all of the media talking points to know how stupid they really are. I see some of the Obama supporters arguing day in, day out that all of these job losses, cuts in F/T to P/T status, insurance premium increases, etc, are not a result of ObamaCare but due to corporate greed.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Found out this afternoon that I'll be losing my job of 7.5 years on November 29. Why? Because they're instituting a new policy that any contractor that has been there more than 18 months needs to go. Why? I don't know. Yea, I've been a contractor that long but I got benefits and PTO, so it wasn't a bad deal.

There's 7 of us effected, out of a group of 9. We have sorta suspected this would happen for a few months, but it still sucks to hear the news, and for the last day to be Black Friday. Guess I won't be going TV shopping! :(

I do desktop support work and just finished my MBA, so if anyone hears of anything near Fishers, let me know.

Otherwise, just venting. :ar15::ar15:
    Hate hearing this stuff, I'm sure you'll come our the other side better then before. To bad ya live so far , USS is looking for managers for pitside. Good luck , keep us updated!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    i believe at lot of the 925 was from attrition and closin positions that they were trying to fill too, they didn't fire 925.

There's a few of us here actually. The hospital has to hit financial goals. They know reimbursement and revenue to hospitals will drop big time with ObamaCare, just like every other network who is dropping employees. ObamaCare is hitting every industry as companies see increased employment expense due to insurance costs. It's twice as bad in medicine because we get the increased costs at the same time we get a massive drop in revenue. I don't blame the hospitals. I blame Obama, the Democrats, and every jerk who voted for it.

if you know liberals, ask them how they feel about your friends and family being fired from their job simply because of Obamacare. Liberals need to see/feel the consequences of their utopian ideas. Look them in the eye and let them know they are destroying lives and helping no one.

The reality of it is many of the Obamanuts don't blame the above scenario on ObamaCare. They're just too busy parroting all of the media talking points to know how stupid they really are. I see some of the Obama supporters arguing day in, day out that all of these job losses, cuts in F/T to P/T status, insurance premium increases, etc, are not a result of ObamaCare but due to corporate greed.

Both QFT

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I had five job interviews since the notice, and just accepted an offer from a place I interviewed at on December 20th. Woohoo! Happy new year to me. I am scheduled to start on January 20. Getting a raise from what I was previously making and I'll be learning new skills. It's a full-time position with the company, which makes this my first non-contract, regular employee job.

Celebrating by drinking some Sun King Wee Mac in my INGO mug. Prost!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks, guys. I am excited to start working again. It's been pretty boring for the past month! For what it's worth, I found this job by applying via monster.com. People say that applying that way doesn't work, but I guess this proves otherwise. Only one of my interviews came thru networking, the rest were thru applying or being found via job sites.

Andy, Sunday is mighty doubtful at this point in time. Maybe next weekend. I have gifts from Mark & Chris to go thru too. Gunna cost me money to use them!

Top Bottom