• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    From what I can tell, no update on the paperwork. It is just sitting there, waiting for the final rule to be published.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A question for all you lawyers out there: In the history of this country has our government ever seized (or compelled destruction of) property that is newly illegal and makes the owner of said property a felon overnight? Prohibition, maybe?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A question for all you lawyers out there: In the history of this country has our government ever seized (or compelled destruction of) property that is newly illegal and makes the owner of said property a felon overnight? Prohibition, maybe?

If not, they are making up for lost time. Just look at what's happening in NJ with the "high capacity" magazine ban.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Synthetic marijuana comes to mind, recently.

Cocaine used to be legal.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    When I was a teen we would hook our finger in a belt loop with our semi auto .22's and rattle them off.

Maybe we can outlaw belt loops.

Better yet, sue Levi Straus.

Register pants!

Start a "nudists are people too" movement.

Then we would have to mandate an open carry policy.

Start a new thread for women posing for open carry. (oh yeah)

Phew, we've got work to do. Litigating ourselves to a better society is gonna take time...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was a teen we would hook our finger in a belt loop with our semi auto .22's and rattle them off.

Register pants!

Phew, we've got work to do. Litigating ourselves to a better society is gonna take time...

Mandated Sansabelts! It's for the children!

40517@2x.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this. Apparently the ATF has decided to stop classifying "accessories" unless they are installed on a weapon. Does that mean you can have a bump stock if it's not on a rifle?. I mean, I don't know why you would but, if I'm understanding this correctly (and I may not be), it might at least keep people from becoming felons if they "uninstall" their bump stock, and would eliminate the need to turn them in or register them. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain this better?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ent=2018-12-15&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this. Apparently the ATF has decided to stop classifying "accessories" unless they are installed on a weapon. Does that mean you can have a bump stock if it's not on a rifle?. I mean, I don't know why you would but, if I'm understanding this correctly (and I may not be), it might at least keep people from becoming felons if they "uninstall" their bump stock, and would eliminate the need to turn them in or register them. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain this better?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ent=2018-12-15&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter
    Or if you have an extra stock setting next to a AR pistol or a shotgun pistol or a short barrel setting next to a rifle.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That looks like it was targeted at submissions of accessories for classification by companies, not at owners of weapons with accessories.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    So how do they plan on confiscating them if or when they get banned? There is no registry, so are they just f’ing over all the law abiding citizens who would follow the law and letting the criminals own them? Sounds like there are thousands if not millions of those things floating around.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    So how do they plan on confiscating them if or when they get banned? There is no registry, so are they just f’ing over all the law abiding citizens who would follow the law and letting the criminals own them? Sounds like there are thousands if not millions of those things floating around.
    ATF has the customer data from slidefire. Over 520,000 from them alone.

add in the number that were 3d printed, or homemade (a six position stock and a few straps of metal) and yeah, my guess is at LEAST 1 million

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Story update now includes more specifics:
    The regulation, which was signed by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker on Tuesday morning, will go into effect 90 days after it is formally published in the Federal Register, which is expected to happen on Friday, the Justice Department official said.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Register pants!

This may explain why Levi Strauss has been working hard on its LGBT cred- political cover and the ability to claim victim status.

Top Bottom