Looks like I need to look for another job.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Medicare cutbacks, we have got 3/4 million a year more in sales with new customers but lost 1/2 million in sales/service of old customers.

Looks like they are getting out of desktop support altogether and focusing on network/server stuff only. They have been good with giving notices and trying to help find you other jobs.

I also heard billing and practice management took a huge hit as well.

As I recall Obamacare stripped out $700 Billion from Medicare to help fund it. So this is likely due to the so-called Affordable Care Act. Sorry to hear it, and I hope you bounce back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP: been hearing advertisements for part-time / holiday drivers @ UPS. $26/hr... Don't know how many hours, but probably would be able to fill out a log book. (CDL req'd)

Also - why not look to drive a bus again? I have a hard time believing that the IPS bus contractor that liveries out near Dark Armies on the East Side doesn't ALWAYS have an opening or two. Perhaps even your old corp. would entertain the idea of having you back...

-J-

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would go back to the bus lot again if I need to or until something else comes along, but I have a little bit of time to look right now as well.

Not sure about being my own boss yet, as much as I would enjoy to have my own business, I wouldn't know where to start.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I kept my CDL (class B) as a back up and am open to using it!

I would try getting back on IndyGo. There seems to be a strong likelihood that some sort of Marion/Hamilton Co. mass transit system will be up and running in the near future. Not only that, it is sounding more and more like rail is out, with an emphasis on cheaper bus models. If you get your foot in the door now, might help with seniority and pay if the resulting entity ends up getting their billion or so dollars.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me. Actually shoot me your resume, I'm contacting a few potential Windows clients next week for some IT support and we might need some hands.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A bit of good news, I will be back to driving a bus.
    Still going to look for a second part time job for when school is out.

Getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to me. Actually shoot me your resume, I'm contacting a few potential Windows clients next week for some IT support and we might need some hands.

I love it when a plan comes together...

Top Bottom