• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Bought a rock island tactical two tone in march this year luv it. Zero problem shoots great. Picked it up for 525.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I carry a Colt Double Eagle 45 ACP (SS) most of the time - I use an Uncle Mike Inside the belt holster in the small of my back. Only time it bothers me is when I drive a long distance, usually set it on the floor of my van then. Yeah the Colts are more costly, but they do hold their value - and almost always increase greatly in value the longer you have them! I have ran probably 5K round through it in the 20 years or so I have owned it and have NEVER had a fail to feed or fire. Holds 8 round in Mag. + one in chamber.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was in the market for a 1911 recently, and hit some of the more popular shops around town. Elmore's in Greenwood had a nice selection of 1911's if you're looking to fondle :): . I've had both Kimber and Springfield commander sized, no complaints in either department...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I love my sr1911... you'd need to be able to find one first, though. Oh, and get some wilson combat mags (for any 1911 you get).

ruger-sr1911-45-acp.jpg

4258_cb1b.JPG

mags: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/64...ment-commander-45-acp-8-round-stainless-steel

Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    I would go Springfield. If you like the looks of the original 1911s get a mil spec if you want updated features like beavertail better sights ect get a loaded that's what I have. Beware once you get one you will start to look at the high end stuff and they are expensive and addicting

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My EDC is one of the following depending on the day, mood and needs...All are full size except the Para P-12 alloy, Para P-14 Stainless (a bit heavy for smaller framed folks) Springer RO with some mods, Springer TRP. Blackhawk, EMC holsters.
    Yes, a full size is a bit cumbersome at times but I am 6'1" and 255 (old fat guy) so concealment is never an issue unless I am running 10 rd. mags.

Many good options listed but I would suggest a Springer Range Officer if you intend to carry it. They are rugged, accurate and run exceptionally well right out of the box. I have seen great used examples for $700 and with extra mags and a holster you are set up for under your budget. Just the humble opinion of a 1911 lover of 50 plus years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would go Springfield. If you like the looks of the original 1911s get a mil spec if you want updated features like beavertail better sights ect get a loaded that's what I have. Beware once you get one you will start to look at the high end stuff and they are expensive and addicting

Do not feed them after midnight.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    If I were wanting a new one, I would look into the springfield series, the S&W 1911 SC(might run you a little higher), or the SR1911 from Ruger, if you are willing to go full size. I bought a used Kimber series I compact, and I absolutely will never regret that decision. It has been the smoothest, easiest shooting sidearm I have ever shot. If you are willing to go used, you could get a little nicer gun.

Top Bottom