Looking to get a CT laser anybody have a any thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I've not examined the CT for the M&P or Glock. However, I did used to have one on a Smith J-frame and currently use one on my NAA Guardian. In my experience they are quality grips with nice, bright lasers that hold their zero well. The batteries seem to last a long time too.

The CT grips I've had do completely replace the original stock grips on the weapons. Those for polymer-framed weapons like the M&P and Glock appear to be a pretty different animal, adding some more bulk to the grip. I would be interested to hear about people's experiences with this type of CT grip...specifically, how solidly it attaches to the weapon and whether it interferes with normal holsters.

Like many lasers, they seem to me to be a bit more expensive than they should be. Not quite as much as the guide rod lasers, which I would love to have except that you could buy a whole other firearm for the price!

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have one for my M&P 9c. I have had it now for 2 years and no problems. I just replaced the batteries for the first time and I play with the laser frequently. It also seres as a great training tool for when you can't get out to the range. Its the best laser for self defense period. plus you can't really tell Its installed. It makes the palm insert a size between the medium and large factory inserts. I would highly recommend it. you will no regret it.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    got CT lasergrips for my glock 22, but I ended up taking them off shortly after putting them on. (installation is quick and easy.) it fits nice and snug, there is no wiggle. you can definitely feel its a quality product, but for me it seriously interferes with racking the slide...cant get a grip from the side or top because the laser is in the way. the extra width (which are palm swells) are also annoying...paid almost $200 bucks plus shipping and now theyre just sitting in the box -_-

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I can't speak directly about CT grips for the m&p but the ones if used for other platforms have a major drawback for me. My finger blocks the laser as it is indexed naturally along the frame. I'm forced to intentionally keep my finger out of the path of the laser. Obviously lots of people us CT grips without any problems but it isn't natural or comfortable for me to modify how I hold a pistol when my finger is off the trigger just to accommodate a laser grip.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have and use a M&P with the CT lasergrips.

I think its probably the only autopistol I would put them on, it works perfectly like its made for it.

functions well too.

I say if you want them, get them, they work fine.

they are about the same as the "large" grip insert by the way.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I had a set on a Beretta Border Marshall years ago. It was great. If I had the cash a CTC grip would be on every handgun I will own in the future. The grips fit my hand well too. They are pricey but are handy.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Loved them beyond compare on my snub nose revolvers.

Didn't care for them on my Glock 30 but I know someone who loves them now. I had the same problem Koukalaka mentioned - they made the grip wide. This screwed up carrying it in a lot of my holsters, including the Serpa.

savage 1212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I have a CT grip on my S&W 442 and one of there vertical forgrips w/laser and light on my AR carbine, both are quality accessories that I would recomend to anyone. They both were easy to sight in and have held there zeros. With some prudent internet shopping they both can be bought for much less than msrp.

Top Bottom