• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    1/2moa out of a 22 is quite a task. ive got a couple dollars invested in my 22, and about 30,000 rds down range and have never gotten 1/2moa @ 100yds. i usually get 1 moa but not always

I've done it with my 22, on my best day of course. I've even hit standard size targets at 200 yards. It drops almost 3 feet, but I've done it.

IMO the most important aspect of accuracy is a good scope. I have a cheaper scope, but it's 32 power at full magnification. Don't get me wrong a good gun still helps. I have over 500 in my 10/22.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    My dad bought a marlin bolt action in .17 HMR. (Couldn't tell you the model number.) It shoots nice, but working the bolt is super sloppy. Locks up nice, but just feels cheap. Shoots decent though. Probably 3 inch groups at 100 yards first day out.

I'd say you have a worn out action. Mine is tight until the last 1/2" of back on it, it likes to lay down a bit, but it doesn't cause issues. Just seems to be the bolt design. I've got the 17, which was made for just 1 year I believe.

live2hunt009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Have a savage 93 on order! Currently have a UTG 3x12x44 that I am going to mount on it and I have heard good things about the scope for the price. Anyone know much about the scope?

Top Bottom