• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajolvey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    If you can handle a stiffer trigger, you'll save a couple hundred dollars with the S&W. Both are fine guns.
    I have a Sigma 40 cal, and I love it.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Be insatiable about your research. It is easy to get impatient and make a purchase without knowing everything you need to. For any pistol you consider you need to know the pros and cons. All designs have weaknesses. It is important that you consider those as well as the benefits.

As far as caliber I'm one of those who say nothing smaller then .40. Yet, your ability to shoot any given caliber is what should make the decision for you. So, really my caliber mantra is "shoot the heaviest bullet of the largest caliber you can shoot effectively." I would be remiss to suggest a .45 to someone who doesn't shoot it near as well as a 9mm. Just get hands on with as many pistol in as many calibers as possible and research, research, research. At least try to find a glock, XD, M&P and a 1911 to shoot.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sig 2022, most underrated gun Bud's has. But between the two, the 19. And yes, it hurt me to say that, too. As alluded to above, it's a preference thing. Lots of guys love the way a Glock feels and shoots. Me, not so much. I would try lots of different makes and models out before plunking down my hard earned cash, if I were in your shoes, (heck, I do that in MY shoes.)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Glock ,given between the 2 or if it was to choose from 5 other guns The glock is the one. Simplicity & reliability is what you need in a first pistol & this is one of the best

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Between the Glock and the Sigma? I would say that is pretty easy. The Sigma has never been known as a reliable weapon system, and therefore is not worthy of consideration for a serious self defense gun. The ergonomics, the trigger pull, the availability of holsters,mags,sights,barrels,triggers,etc..., is just not there if you need gear or parts. The Glock on the other hand has been combat proven to be reliable "100%". If you don't like the trigger,sights,guide rod,whatever...then there are parts available for it. Besides the G19 is small enough for concealed carry and large enough for home defense, duty carry, and competition. So like I said the G19 is the only way to go between the 2.

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Where do you live ? If close or willing to meet at the range somewhere. I have a glock 19 and a glock 23 you could try. ( you buy the ammo ) I love my glock 23, you can change the feel with a hogue grip. My son had the ruger 9mm he traded it for a glock 23. I use to own a XD40. I did not like the safety on the handle. I did like the way it felt in my hand. I traded it for glock 23.

Last edited:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Between the Glock and the Sigma? I would say that is pretty easy. The Sigma has never been known as a reliable weapon system, and therefore is not worthy of consideration for a serious self defense gun. The ergonomics, the trigger pull, the availability of holsters,mags,sights,barrels,triggers,etc..., is just not there if you need gear or parts. The Glock on the other hand has been combat proven to be reliable "100%". If you don't like the trigger,sights,guide rod,whatever...then there are parts available for it. Besides the G19 is small enough for concealed carry and large enough for home defense, duty carry, and competition. So like I said the G19 is the only way to go between the 2.

I would agree that a Glock is a higher quality weapon, but I have had two sigmas with 2000+ rounds without a hiccup....so to me it is a very reliable weapon. It is also half the price so very tough to do a fair comparison.

Top Bottom