• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Ruger might have had some recalls, but they ALWAYS make it right with their customers. They have the best customer service I've ever experienced with ANY gun company. I've handled the Ruger P345 several times at a local gun shop and I REALLY want this pistol. I have several 45s (Glock, Sig, H&K, Kimber) so I am having a hard time justifying it... atleast to my fiance lol. But if you like the feel of the Ruger, give them a try.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    I was just in the market and brought home a Glock 19. I already had a 1911 in .45. I drank the kool-aid but I think I would have been just as happy if I had brought back the Sig P2022, CZ-75 compact or Walther PPQ. None of these would have been .45 like you said you were looking for, but they would fit your price range, as my budget was the same as yours

Having the .45 already I decided I'd rather have something cheaper to shoot that I could carry more easily. Now I really like my 1911 and I think I shoot it well, but I'm on my 3rd 8 round magazine before I put as many rounds down range with 1 Glock mag.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    My first was a taurus pt99. But for the money the sig sp2022 cannot be beat. under 500 and its a sig.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    I would go with a walther pps it is small, comfortable and a good shooter it comes in 9mm or 40. I own the 40 version and its my personnel cary and easy to conceal.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm not looking for flashy go drop 3 months of salary on! I did that for my wifes engagement ring!! Never again lol!
    But on a serious note I love the Ruger 45 compact but was told to lean away from Ruger because of recalls! I'm not one to judge on mistakes, because every business has them. Anybody that can shed a light on Ruger or any 45 compact worth looking into! Budget is under 600!!!!
    Thanks
    Ryan

S&W M&P 45 Compact. With that said, i would buy a Ruger right now in a heartbeat.....they stand by their products. As does S&W.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    By the way... STAY AWAY FROM TAURUS... you will thank me later

I'm not saying Taurus is the best firearm manufacturer out there, but I have a PT1911 and its been good to me. I shoot it well, my friends shoot it well. And it feeds anything I try to shoot. I have only ever had a problem when I have used a cheap promag 10 rounder with it. If I switch back to the factory mags or the Wilson Combats I have had 0 problems. I've got about 1500 rounds through mine.

My next 1911 won't be a Taurus, but I wouldn't tell anyone to stay away.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I would recommend a 9 mm if you want something a little heavier. Otherwise I would say a ruger mk III .22. Its a great gun that's accurate and fun to shoot. Its also not $1/round to shoot if you want to just go to the range every so often

Top Bottom