• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Get a used Beeman rifle, make sure it is the German made and not the licensed Chinese junk. You're going to spend a little more, but its going to last longer, be more accurate, and thus be more fun. They can be had in .177, .20, or .22 calibers.

At that young of an age, she is going to have trouble with the break barrel action, but she will figure it out.

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    Crossman American Classic. I have only bought one but wore out three while I was growing up. On my fourth now. Each time I wore out the seal I sent it to Crossman and they sent me a brand new one free of charge. I have killed everything from Sparrows to Muskrats with it. Too many turtles to count. Awesome gun!

I had the Crossman 2100 Classic as a kid, and shot many rabbits and squirrels with it 795fps is what it shot, which is more than enough hunt with. I believe this may be the same model you speak of now.

I got my daughter a camoflage single pump daisy, it was easy for her to cock and it is deadly accurate. She shoots grass frogs around the house with it to feed to the bass now.

The Daisy multi-pump with the handle under it was her 2nd bb gun, and it is a shooter too. So just about any you get will be pretty good, i HAVE THE RED Ryder as well, I would not recommend it, the other guns will teach her to shoot accurately, the red ryder is not very accurate. not enough pep.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Your daughter is lucky to have the encouragement (and equipment supply)
    What you are going to find to be a problem is that many air rifles are too hard to cock for a smaller child. That can be an big factor in the decision. The next factor will be if you want to shoot BB's or pellets. BB's require a smooth bore barrel, pellets allow a rifled barrel. My personal pellet rifle from Feinwerkebau was factory rested for .039" ten shot group, but is way out of the price range. When my son was 8, I got him a Daisy powerline 880. He was able to cock it himself and it was pretty accurate with the rifled barrel. I found every BB in the house and threw them away so he would not be tempted to jam one in the rifled barrel. That rifle never broke down I think they still offer that model. Good Luck

Not many people take air rifles seriously in this country. People laugh at the 10 meter Air rifle competion, until they actually stand unsupported offhand and realize they have to hit a ONE millimeter dot. Since the pellet is only 500fps, any flinch before OR AFTER the trigger pull will loose the match for you. My 200 yard offhand event never really came up to acceptable level until I started training every day with a competition grade air rifle.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Still have my old Daisy .177 BB pump from nearly 40 years ago, a little oil and it's as new, my son put many BBs through that until I got the Gamo .22 break barrel. At 7, I'd go with a pump, something cheap but accurate enough to hit paper at 10m, get her enthused, go from there. If there's no "from there", no big loss. Unless, that is, you'd like something for yourself if she doesn't grow with it; then get something nice.

Top Bottom