• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm looking for something with history. Maybe a mauser, nagant, or something along those lines. I prefer a bolt action rifle and I'm looking for something I can hang onto for a long time and shoot on occasion.

Also, what type of guns should I be looking at if I want one that will appreciate in value?

:ingo:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Emerging markets in "milsurps"?:D

The Finnish M-Ns are good investments; I purchased several when they were $70. I believe that the Swiss K31s and certain makes of Mausers (Chilean now) fill your bill.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    few bolt action rifles have as much history (in the US) as the 1903.

One of my favorites (I hope to own one day) is the 1903a3
    Collecting and Shooting the U.S. Model 03A3 Rifle - HISTORY

TheU.S. Model 1903 Springfield Rifle replaced the Krag-Jorgensen and was the primary U.S. battle rifle until 1936, when it was replace as the primary battle U.S. battle rifle by the M1 Garand. In 1942 Remington Arms redesigned the 1903 rifle using some stamped parts and designated it the U.S. Model 1903A3.
    There is a great lineage of 1903 models that were manufactured from the introduction of the 1903 to the development of the 03A3 rifles, *including but not limited to:
    • M1903 Rod Bayonet Rifle;
    • WWI 1903 Rifle;
    • M1903 Mark 1 Rifle;
    • M1903A1 Rifle;
    • Remington M1903 Modified Rifle;
    • Remington M1903A3 Rifle;
    • Smith-Corona M1903A3 Rifle.
    The 1903A3 was manufactured by both Remington as well as Smith-Corona. The sniper variant based upon the 1903A3 design, the 1903A4, was used during WWII, the Korean War, and in the very early stages of Vietnam.
    The primary visible or noticeable (to the laymen/non-collector) physical differences when comparing the 1903 and the 03A3 rifles *includes but is not limited to the following characteristics:
    • The stock on the 03A3 is plain in appearance when compared to the 1903;
    • The 03A3 rear sight is not a ladder style sight affixed to the barrel just forward of the receiver, but is instead a small adjustable aperture style sight mounted at the rear of the receiver;
    • The finish on the 03A3 is parkerized as compared to the blued finish of the 1903;
    • The 03A3 floor plate cover is not removable, but actually is a part of the stamped (not milled) trigger guard.
    As for investment (appreciation) advice, I have no idea.

kfarmerk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Check out the Nagant. It is relatively inexpensive with a decent amount of aftermarket products available. I remodeled one a few years ago and have less than $200 in it and it shoots really well.

Top Bottom