• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    For all those that have been following this thread the stories are out now in Indiana Outdoor News. ION is free and found at any Gander Mountain, the Outdoorsman Shop in Greenwood, or some Rural Kings.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Where are the creepy stories about Central State? I've been in the Medical History Museum there and it seems like it would be creepy to be there alone at night.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I just remembered one of my own. I was at Wilbur Wright Fish and Wildlife area setting up my tree stand the evening before deer season. My wife and little son accompanied me and we went down a trail on the east side to the Blue River. Coming back out about midway to the car there was a guy standing in the middle of the path wearing something like an opera cape. It looked like he was reaching inside his cape so I brought up the 870 I was carrying and he stepped back. My wife and son passed him and then I passed him and walked backwards back to the car. There was nobody at the office by this time but when I talked to them later they said I was not the first one to have seen him.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    Not a ghost story, but I was driving to Terre Haute from Bloomington during the second bow season around 1998 or 1999. Driving down IN 46 after Spencer but before Bowling Green, I was driving around 65mph. There was a bright reddish-yellow light that was keeping pace with me on the right shoulder for about 1 mile. It was about 100 yards off the road and about 75-100 feet off the ground going around trees and buildings. Best guess the light was about the size of a small car. Not sure what it was but it is a true story. It was not a reflection, it could have been a UFO, the boogyman, or something from the twilight zone. I guess I will never know for sure. I used to travel that road (IN-46) several times a week for about 8 years and never seen it again.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    I have one. When Ravina woods near martinsville first opened up, me and a buddy headed out for some squirrel hunting around midday. Took longer than expected to get there, and there was only a couple hours left till dark. We headed out on a trail, and walked for an hour or so, seeing nothing, not even any birds chirping or anything. Came to a opening in the woods, and walked around the edge for a bit. It started getting dark, and me and my friend realized it was getting dark, and we had lost our sense of direction. Picked a direction I thought was about right and started walking back in the twilight, and at that time we were reminded that we didn't have a source of light between us. We stop walking for a second, and as soon as we do, we hear faint music coming from behind us, sounded like a little ballerina box. It really freaked us out, as there wasn't anyone around and no houses anywhere near. We picked up our pace, power walking at this point. The music seemed to be getting louder and closer, as the woods got darker and darker. Walked the hour back, with the music following the whole way. We get to a point in the forest that I recognize, and I see a hill I know my truck is parked on the other side of. As we reach the top and start heading towards the bottom, we can hear whatever the music is coming from headed up the backside of the hill. We scramble to the truck and get the heck outa dodge. Usually I'm very comfortable in the woods, and i strive to be a logical realist, but that time I was struck by a fear I've never felt before, and I haven't had the urge to ever hunt those woods again.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I thought I would revive this thread since Halloween is coming. As before, I need paranormal hunting and fishing stories. Either share them here or PM me.
    Thanks.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Not sure if you could classify as paranormal but, I hunt a swamp that is old Potawatomi Indiana territory. I am just a few miles down river from where Chief Five Medals and the Potawatomi Indian camp that was destroyed by US troops in the war of 1812 was. Last October, first week of deer season, in the tree stand it was a dead calm evening. Right around 75 degrees, bugs were everywhere. The sun had sunk below the horizon and that "time" of night that every deer hunter loves had arrived. It wasn't minutes after the sun had disappeared that a cold strong gust of wind came from the east (back in the swamp). It wasn't a normal early October breeze. The tree tops were bending and it was very cold air. After that gust of wind passed it was dead silent again. Not even a slight breeze rustled the leaves. Then shortly after the breeze I got that uneasy feeling of being watched. I don't usually get scared but the hair on my arms stood up and got the pit feeling in my stomach. I got down from the stand and high tailed it out of there. Great stand to hunt out of but that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Top Bottom