• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Welcome to the AR platform. PSA is a good choice around $700. You can get a good Spikes for around $800 now if you watch Aimes. Or go to Walmart and buy a colt and be done with it.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Get you one of those new Sig pistols. Sweet looking weapon. I thought it was a SBR when I saw one at Rural King
    attachment.php

Last edited:

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    If you are willing to travel a little over an hour I can recommend you a shop that is building quality entry level AR's for right at $650 plus tax with a pmag. That would leave you will enough for some MBUS sight and a primary arms or vortex red dot.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Get you one of those new Sig pistols. Sweet looking weapon. I thought it was a SBR when I saw one at Rural King
    attachment.php
    Slightly confused that you mention a "pistol". Is that a new type of stock that is supposed to not meet the definition of "stock"?

I also would not recommend a stripped lower, a piston system, or a poly lower for a first AR.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When looking at the colt models is the 6920 the way to go over the 6940?

The 6920 would be the "normal" m4 style. The 6940 has the monolithic railed upper, like my avatar, and they're generally a little higher priced. Both nice guns, just a matter of preference.

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly if our looking at a $1000 price range I would look at either a bushmaster or a dpms. Now if you are up for it build your own.. It's fun and you get to know your gun. Which is a lot better IMHO because if something goes wrong you have a better chance of knowing what went wrong and how to fix it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom