• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kfritts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I am thinking about jumping in to reloading. I'm wondering of there is someone in the New Pal, Greenfield, Shelbyville, E. Indy area that would be willing let me into their shop and help me learn the process. I'd really like to get some first hand experience before going out and dropping all that money to get all of the materials needed. Thanks.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'd do it but I am far away.

Anyone near to Terre Haute who wants help learning to reload, I would be honored to help you out.

It would be my chance to give back to the community the way I was given to by the community when I was mentored all those years ago.

Last edited:

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    It would be great if someone were in Washington County that would take on a thick skulled project like myself. I'm getting set up for shotgun and eventually centerfire as well. If you're up for the challenge PM me.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Andrew at Profire does have classes for around $50.00, and free follow up info. His classes are setup VERY well. He got me going, I would help out, but he's got the method worked out to teach people. IMO It's not a sales pitch class either.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You will NOT do any better!!

Andrew at Profire does have classes for around $50.00, and free follow up info. His classes are setup VERY well. He got me going, I would help out, but he's got the method worked out to teach people. IMO It's not a sales pitch class either.

Andrew is a "Reloading Icon" in the Indy area! His classes are always full--that should tell you something..Bill

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'd be interested in attending a quick overview 'teaching session' somewhere as well. Have to check into Profire. I've been debating it for years and now that I have a .30-06 M1 that I need to feed along with my pistols...I am thinking more and more that its time.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Just to be clear, I think classes are cool and if Profire were closer I'd consider sitting in on one myself.

Mentoring is a long term commitment to another person that can enrich both participants abilities over time. Teaching something to another causes you to learn it more deeply than simply doing it would and you also learn from the person you are teaching. As the relationship continues you both wind up coming out of it the better for it. This is why I am eager to do this myself. That and as I said in my first post, I want to return the favor that was given me when I first learned how to reload from my mentor.

Also, it's a rather long drive from Terre Haute to Profire just to take a reloading class. ;)

Props to all those who have stepped up to volunteer as mentors so far and those who will in the future. :ingo:

Kfritts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    SSGSAD - that's awesome. What is the best way for us to make contact so that we might be able to work something out?

Top Bottom