• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I am looking for a class in Northern Indiana that will teach the basics of firearm handling, safety and shooting. An NRA basic pistol course would be great. I would like a class that either meets in the evenings on weekdays, or on Saturday. Sunday doesn't work at all. This would be for my wife and at least one of my sisters.

I would really like to get my wife involved in shooting and possibly carrying a firearm, but she just isn't ready at all. She occasionally will go to the range with me, and shoot my guns, but she really needs some training. She likes guns, and likes that I carry, but I think she may be nervous about using one or carrying one because she just isn't all that familiar with them. I have tried to instruct her, but it usually turns into an argument. Either I'm not a good teacher, or she is a little too defensive. Maybe a combination of the two. Either way, I would really like to get her into a basic class, then go from there.

My sister lives way out in the country. Last night there was a guy walking down their road at 12:30 in the morning. By brother in law was in his shop doing some work, and the guy just walked right in "asking for directions." It kinda freaked her out, and she said she wants to get a gun now. I'd really like to get her some training too. It would be great if my wife and her could do it together.

My other sister has may be interested in getting her LTCH too.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    May 26, 2012
    COMBAT PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP
    Rochester, Indiana
    Instructor: Michael Swisher
    In this class you will learn how to fire an accurate shot with your carry handgun, in situations replicating what may be necessary to prevail in a proactive street gunfight. This course is perfect for the novice or new CCW licensee (although no licenses are necessary to attend).
    DURATION:1 dayTIME:9:00AM to 5:00PMPREREQUISITES:NONEAMMUNITION:Approximately 150 rounds (Minimum)YOU NEED TO BRING:Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)
    REQUIREMENTS:Modern Defensive Pistol, Holster specifically made for that pistol and designed to be worn on the belt at the "strong side", 3 Magazines and One Magazine Pouch, A Belt of the same width as the belt loops for the holster and magazine pouches, Range Safety Gear (Eye protection and ear protection)
    2111 E. 350 North, Rochester, IN, 46975
    Phone - 574-223-3316
    DIRECTIONS TO RANGE:Coming from the North
    * US31 to SR375
    * Turn left and go to Old US31
    * Turn right and go to SR350
    * Turn left and go to 2111 E. 350. Range is on the right and there's a sign at the end of the driveway
    **Coming from the South
    * US31 to SR375
    * Turn right and go to Old US31
    * Turn right and go to SR350
    * Turn left and go to 2111 E. 350. Range is on the right and there's a sign at the end of the drivewayNEARBY HOTELS:Comfort Inn
    289 McDonald Drive, Rochester, IN, 46975
    Phone - 574-223-7300

Super 8 Rochester
    209 McDonald Drive, Rochester, IN, 46975
    Phone - 574-224-8080

http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/may26-2012-combatpistolmarksmanship-rochesterin.aspx

We have something like this for handgun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The needs you are describing are our (ACT) BP100. Would Warsaw be a good location for you?

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I was at the range at Blythe's in Valpo today and noticed a posting on their entry chaulkboard of an NRA Basic Class to be held in early January. I'd suggest you give them a call for details.

scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    You are close. Talk to Kodiak. Not all classes on are sunday if I remember correctly. Good group of people and high quality training along with a great facility. They can offer much more than a standard range.

Scott

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Talk to John or Norm at Kodiak. I'm sure one of them would be able to accomodate you.

I talked to John, and he does an NRA class, but can only do it on Sundays because of work/school commitments. He said he might put a Saturday class together if his schedule opens up, but was unsure when that might be. I would like to get them into Kodiak, but since time is of the essence, it doesn't look like that is going to work out.

I'm checking on a couple different options right now. Thanks everyone for the input.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You NEED to contact HandK on this site.. I have taken many classes, and NEVER one like his. He is on the south side of Michigan, so it may be a bit of a drive, but it is WELL WORTH IT. I arrived a good shooter. I left way better.

JohnnyP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    South Bend
    NRA Basic Pistol Course

This is John from Kodiak, I would be willing to do a Saturday Course, my Schedule has opened up for the most part. Just let me know what Saturday you would like to do the Class or I could even do a weekday class if you would like.

We could do a NRA Basic Pistol Course which is 8 hours long or a NRA First Steps Course which focuses on one Model of Handgun, you still get the same fundamentals as a NRA Basic Course, but is 3 hours long. you can email me at john@pembertoncombatives.com to work out the details or call me at Kodiak.

Semper Fi
    John E. Pemberton
    Pemberton Combatives

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I talked to John, and he does an NRA class, but can only do it on Sundays because of work/school commitments. He said he might put a Saturday class together if his schedule opens up, but was unsure when that might be. I would like to get them into Kodiak, but since time is of the essence, it doesn't look like that is going to work out.

I'm checking on a couple different options right now. Thanks everyone for the input.

Kodiak is doing a women only class in early February. Not sure if it's on the calendar yet. Lisa (Mrs. Zimm) told my wife and I about it when we were there shooting last week.

Top Bottom