• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dodgetoyz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I know this is a dumb question but I am going to put it out there anyway. What is the best, inexpensive i.e. under 1k ar-15 that I don't have to build. I have heard good things about CMMG. Anything wrong with DPMS, Bushmaster? Suggestions? I am looking for a rifle for home protection, target practice, and maybe even to convert to a deer legal round later. I want something good but versatile. Thanks.:ar15:

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    You would probably more/faster responses if you posted your question somewhere other than the show and tell thread. Also, INGO has a search function. With that being said, Spikes is supposed to be a good value: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...view_spikes_tactical_st_15_m4_le_carbine.html
    I know this is a dumb question but I am going to put it out there anyway. What is the best, inexpensive i.e. under 1k ar-15 that I don't have to build. I have heard good things about CMMG. Anything wrong with DPMS, Bushmaster? Suggestions? I am looking for a rifle for home protection, target practice, and maybe even to convert to a deer legal round later. I want something good but versatile. Thanks.:ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Moved to Long Guns.

dodge I would suggest looking at Spike's Tactical or S&W for a quality yet inexpensive AR. Palmetto State Armory has also put out some interesting uppers and lowers recently that look good on paper and appear to be an excellent value.

And here's a must-read for any potential AR owner: So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Why the no build clause? If you aren't in a rush you can get some sweet deals on individual parts.

Where are you located?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have shot a Spikes and liked it. I own a Bushmaster, and every Bushmaster I have fired has been a tack driver. Smith and Wesson makes a Sport model. They are around $700 if you can do without a dust cover and forward assist. My friend owns a Olympic Arms. It is a solid rifle for the money, though some consider them to be junk.

Top Bottom