images

CZ 75SA Target $1100

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I would start out with how realistically assessing just how good of a shot your truly are. I am average at best and my eyes are getting weaker as I age. It would not do me much good to spend the money on a custom target pistol with my limited abilities. I would, however, never suggest that you buy a Hy-Point except for your trunk, under the seat of your truck seat or in you tackle box. They are okay for certain things, but not for being seen in my hand at the range where some people might recognize me. That said, I can shoot about as well with my old Ruger P89 as I can my Taurus, ATI or Beretta 9mms. At 15 yards, if you will stand still for me, I can put all of my shots somewhere in your face or all around your heart. In other words, do not go too cheap, but unless you have the skills or are capable of developing those necessary skills, you do not have to spend a fortune on a 9mm unless you just like to have the custom firearm. Just my two cents.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    There are a lot of very accurate 9's out there and I have not fired most of them, but for the price, I have always been impressed with my Bersa 9mm High Capacity. If there was an accuracy to price point, it would win hands down.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    I would get a Glock 17 or if your willing to spend a little more money the Glock 34... I have both of these guns and love them. Inexpensive, reliable and more accurate then I am.

hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Hey guys I am looking for an accurate 9mm to mainly be a range gun does anyone have any opinions or options I also do not want to hurt the wallet too bad either and definatly do not want a trigger that feels like a glock or taurus safe trigger
    XDM, Glock, M&P, they are all good...which one feels good in your hand? The one that feels good in your hand should be your pick because it will help you to be more accurate.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You can't go wrong with a CZ75 or one of it's clones. I've had the Bersa 9UC and 9HC and both are good choices too. An Argentinian Hi Power can be a very nice and accurate gun for not much money as well. We are living in the golden age of handguns right now and you can find any number of good quality guns for a reasonable price. Of all the guns I've owned, the Tanfoglio TZ 75 (CZ 75 clone) is one of the most comfortable and accurate guns I've shot. There are lots of other good choices though, so enjoy the search for what works for you.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Take advantage of your hard earned tax dollars at work (military testing of firearms):

Beretta for 9mm and Colt for .45 :patriot:

Although a 1911 style Kimber in 9mm would sure be fun (but $$$).

Top Bottom