Looking For AAR / Course Review of Boone County Intro to Defensive Pistol Course

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Can anyone link me to some reviews and AARs of Sheriff Campbell's Intro to Defensive Pistol course? Specifically the 2 day course, not the Gunsite 3 day course.

I have taken it and I would like some of my friends to take it. I'd like to be able to present them with some other opinions about the course. I know I've seen people come back and report on course content and instruction, but I can't seem to find any of the reports for this course.

If anyone can help me out with some links, I would appreciate it.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    An old article in the Star

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/38433-old_boone_county_article.html

It's an excellent course for the beginner. He has a very mellow approach to teaching class (and his instructors), it's a relaxed atmosphere that puts people at ease and facilitates learning. There is a classroom portion as well as live fire. A partial list of what's covered in class is:

• gun handling
    • marksmanship
    • mindset

• drawstroke
      • from different carry positions including a purse
    • sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control
    • stance
    • some strategies for home protection (not in depth, not the class purpose)
    • reloads
    • malfunction clearance
    • he covers the revolver as well, but the majority of people bring semi autos
    • live fire
    Ken Campbell's 2 day Introduction To The Defensive Pistol class is one of the few classes that I would be comfortable sending a son / daughter or wife to without me.
    :twocents:

ETA: cut and paste the link

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    :+1: for Biohazard. I took this class a few years ago (prior to the Gunsite offering) Sheriff Campbell and his staff gave a very informative classroom lesson and live-fire instruction. I took my course in the fall IIRC, and it was CHILLY!!!

Top Bottom