• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have been looking around for a tactical vest that I can use for home defense, in a bug out situation or to hold a little a little gear when I head outdoors. I was looking for a UTG setup that I posted in another INGO post and users did not recommend it. So now I'm thinking of a Molle setup. I basically have no knowledge of the Molle setup and what is quality and what is not.

Needs:
    Holster - Either vest mounted or drop leg. Is vest mounted even practical?
    9mm/40 mag pouches
    30 round PMAG pouches (6)
    Shotgun Shell holder or pouch

Wants:
    Radio Pouch
    Who knows what else.

The hard part of this is that I cannot spend a $100 or more on just the vest. I guess I'm looking for the best band for my buck. What are some good brands and what are some to stay away from? Are there any recommended sites to visit? Are all Molle gear interchangeable?

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I myself have been looking at some of these. Cheaper Than Dirt has an OK selection. I was maybe looking for one that would pull double duty as a plate carrier and a tactical vest but not break the bank. If you're looking for inexpensive entry vest ($27.99), I found one on Walmarts website made by NcSTAR. They come in tan, green, ACU, and black. They also have tactical MOLLE style bug out type packs for $20, and drop leg rigs for $10 also made by NcSTAR. Hope this may help.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I myself have been looking at some of these. Cheaper Than Dirt has an OK selection. I was maybe looking for one that would pull double duty as a plate carrier and a tactical vest but not break the bank. If you're looking for inexpensive entry vest ($27.99), I found one on Walmarts website made by NcSTAR. They come in tan, green, ACU, and black. They also have tactical MOLLE style bug out type packs for $20, and drop leg rigs for $10 also made by NcSTAR. Hope this may help.

Thanks! I'll take a look. I need a pack too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What I use:

12-04-10_1845.jpg

Eagle M4 chest rig, 3 AR mags pouches. I put a utility pouch on the right side and a pistol mag pouch (pistol mags and a flashlight) on the left side. I always like having a big utility pouch to dump stuff into--first aid, medical tape, lube tube, condoms, trash bag, etc.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Theyre a little pricy but check out bdstactical.com. They have lots of options and you can even choose different configurations to fit your needs. I have their frog chest rig and love it. Great quality product.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Pop guns, on E. Washington St. has a bunch of inexpensive MOLLE vests, and backpacks. I was surprised at how inexpensive they were, about half what I'd expect to pay online. And the quality appears good. The best thing is that you can try them on in person to determine it you really like it or not.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I have two different vests that I have used. One is a woodland camo military issue LBV. I believe it holds eight AR mags and has various pouches for use as you see fit. The other is a black entry style vest that holds maybe 8 rifle mags, has shotgun shell pockets, and different admin pouches, as well as a radio pouch. Let me know if you're interested. I haven't used either one for years.

birdwing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Lowell
    Voodoo tactical makes the FAST vest. It is a MOLLE plate carrier and is around 80 bucks. If you decide you want some armor in the future you'll be able to keep everything the same.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    This is the rig that I've been looking at for a while. It has built in mag pouches, space for molle gear, and it's under $50. US Cav has a good variety of gear if you're in the market.

Condor Modular Chest Set

I'd be hesistant about anything made by Condor. I have read some reviews where guys have said they aren't good for anything except for airsoft. The threading is less than quality from what I've read. Depends how much and how hard you plan to use it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I recently bought a original soe micro chest rig and it has changed the way I look at vests. I've been issued Alice one's and the molle lbv and to be honest I didn't think one was that much better or worse than the other. When I got the original soe chest rig I could instantly feel and see the quality and all the to surplus stuff I've used in the past suddenly wasn't as great as I thought it once was. I recently saw an original soe micro chest rig for shotguns go on eBay for $65. I wish I'd have bid on it. If you're actually going to use it and you're really concerned about a quality piece of gear for our upcoming economic collapse then don't buy some cheapo piece of bs that you got just because it was cheap.

Top Bottom