• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    I have a few suggestions that I think you should go to the store and check out.

S&W M&P9c since you already have a Smith...
    S&W 6906 or 3913 in single stack. -You'll have to look online.
    Glock 26 with grip extension.
    H&K P2000sk if you've got the dough to Pony.
    Springfield xD9 Sub Compact. They're nice too.

Happy Hunting,
    ~LT

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It's worth asking "HOW much concealed?". I have a colt officers mod (sub compact 1911) that I carry in a tuckable in pants holster. But it will print if I'm not careful--and maybe even then. If I'm going someplace I'd be kicked out of, my colt mustang is so small they'd have to throughly frisk me to find it. Of course it's also SLOW to draw too.
    If you're looking for something you can CONCEAL and not just carry "low profile", the Kahr pm9, or Sig 238, Ruger LCP, etc. are the way to go.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I heart my PF9. It is by no means a "fun" range gun, but it is reliable, reasonably priced and a great shooter.

By "fun," I mean it is not something you would want to take to the range and shoot 200 rounds through. The recoil is quite snappy, and even harsh due to the small and light frame size. I have no problem putting 200 rounds through my glock 19 in a single session, but any more than 50 through the pf9 gets painful. :)

If you want to a try a PF9 out and can make a trip down to the west side of Indy, let me know

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Taurus 709 Slim. I carry mine IWB in a $20 universal belt slide holster from JBP. Very comfortable, can't tell it's there.

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Thanks for all the advice guys. Although I'm not looking for 100% concealment, as it's not a huge problem if my shirt rides up while looking at the bottom shelf at a store or while pulling something out of the trunk, I'd like something easier hidden while still being effective. Stupid people go into high speed stupid mode when they see a weapon.

The biggest thing I'm thinking about is comfort. I currently carry with a IWB holster near the left side of my back. Although I try to keep it under control, I have eczema and the combination of sweat and irritating nylon wreaks havoc on my skin. I think something smaller in a pocket holster would be a lot easier to maneuver and be less noticeable to me.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have both a Walther PPS 9mm with MTAC holster and a fullsize M+P .40 with a bladetech paddle holster.

I love\hate the PPS, my complaint is that it is not comfortable to grip, the good part is the gun is very high quality, you don't have to worry about mag drops, it is very accurate. It conceals great and you can't feel it after the holster breaks in, I can even wear it in my car with out discomfort.

Having said all that give me my M+P on my side any day! It handles perfectly, has no recoil, and the draw out of the holster is perfect.

He!! just carry both of them! They both have their place.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I have a Walther PPS in .40 Like stated above, the grip takes a bit of getting used to.
    But it's a good shooter.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    Taurus 709 Slim. I carry mine IWB in a $20 universal belt slide holster from JBP. Very comfortable, can't tell it's there.

I Second this suggestion. I love my 709.

I have a Walther PPS in .40 Like stated above, the grip takes a bit of getting used to.
    But it's a good shooter.

This is a good choice also, but I have heard mixed things about the PPS. Enough so that I could not justify the extra money for one.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I have smallish hands as hands go and the G26 is just perfect for me...IF I have the grip extension installed on the magazine. I don't think someone with largish hands would feel that comfortable with the 26.

Just my :twocents:

I have fairly large hands and prefer shooting my G27 W/OUT the grip extension. I got some of that 3M deck tape and placed it in certain spots. That made a huge difference handling while shooting. I'm more accurate with the 27 than I was with the 19.

OP, get a Kholster, a bullhide belt from The Beltman, and any gun you want to carry and it should conceal well all year long. I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and no one would ever know I was carrying. I went to a conference on Saturday and even had my shirt tucked in and no one noticed. A good belt makes the biggest difference.

Top Bottom