• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'll toss my vote in for a G26, or if you want something thinner, can't go wrong with the LC9, DB9, CW9, PT709, or even a Sig 239.

I have a G26, and I actually JUST got back from the store where I picked up a pocket holster for it, (also fits my Taurus 605 for when I want more oomph.) So I haven't pocket carried it yet, although it seems to fit in my front jeans pocket fairly naturally, and I'm a skinny guy, (6'4", 170lbs.)

For IWB however, it is supreme; with the stock magazines, it practically disappears, and if you don't care about somebody thinking you are wearing a pager or PDA, put a +2 extension on one and get yourself a full grip. Conceals perfectly even under relatively tight t-shirts with either grip, honestly. Plus, the magazine interchangeability is nice, as well.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Compare LC9 With DB9

LC9

Length 6.00"
    Barrel Length 3.12 " ­
    Width 0.90"
    Height 4.50 "
    Weight 17.10 oz.
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 7+1
    Sights: A­djustable 3-Dot
    Barrel Material: Alloy Steel
    Barrel Finish Blued
    Slide Material Through-Hardened Alloy Steel
    Slide Finish Blued
    Grip Frame Black, High Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon

Additional Information

BrandDiamondbackConditionnewCaliber9mm LugerManufacturer SKUDB9Capacity6+1ActionLocked BreechFinishMatte BlackColorBlackWidth0.8"Weight (empty)11 ozBarrel Length3"Frame TypePolymerDetachable MagazineYesTrigger OperationStriker FiredTrigger Pull5 lbsMagazine Capacity6 RoundsFirearm SizeCompactSeriesDiamondback DB9

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you can find one, the EMP is a pretty sweet pistol in 9mm. If you would rather have a 45, you cant go wrong with a Springfield Ultra Compact.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I also picked up a Steyr today. I was intrigued. The grip was natural, I was surprised with the craftsmanship. It was comfortable. I haven't heard much about them, other than claims of their accuracy. I see they make a 3.6" version in 9mm. Anyone have any experience with them?

Steyr S40a1
    /thread
    - best grip angle IMO. The new Steyrs have an "improved" trigger, although I have not had experience shooting with one yet.
    -Steyr M9 was my first pistol so I'm biased
    -My Steyr M40a1 is not nearly as snappy as a glock 23. It was much easier to hit targets at 50m with the M40a1 as well than the 23 when shooting side by side. Did not notice as much recoil either due to the grip angle.
    -Both my Steyrs have smoother triggers with less travel than either of my glocks, which could be seen as a good thing or a bad thing on a CCW.
    -Held a S40A1 at the 1500, and after drooling on myself, I had to strongly hold back the urge to buy another pistol. Felt much better in my hand than my 27.

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    The Sig Sauer P239 is definitely worth looking at. It would be on the big end of what you say you are looking for though. 3.6 inch barrel I believe. But, they are elite-level in terms of accuracy and reliability. Sigs fit the hand very well too. I have large hands and the grip feels great. My wife has small hands and she likes the fit a lot too.

While I prefer Sigs on the whole, the Nano looks really interesting to me. I might have to try that one out some time.

Glock 26 is nice, but I don't like the feel of them. They are plenty reliable though. You could do a lot worse. I do, however, really like the G36 single-stack .45.

If you aren't dead-set on an autoloader, the S&W 642 is a DREAM to carry. You can easily forget you are even wearing it.

My dad really likes his Kahr P9, but usually ends up carrying a 1911 of some sort.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    @Following2dp
    Did the S fit the entirety of your grip or was the pinky hanging off?

My pinky was hanging off on the S model, I didn't really notice it though as I've been using my glock 27 with no pinky rest for over a year now as my EDC.

-edit to add:
    The ergonomics fit my hand better than my 27 did.

I also recently shot a friends subcompact Sig 250 in 45acp, and was pleasantly suprised; however I'm not personally a fan of DOA.

Last edited:

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    The more I look around the more I want the P99C AS. :D I think this is what I've settled on. The trouble is finding one. Grrrrr. . . :p

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I have the Sig P238 and a Kahr P380. Both of these are in .380. The Sig is great. The Kahr has been nothing but problems though. It's currently at the factory. I plan on selling it or trading it when I get it back.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I have a HK p2000sk right now and love it, but once the new Sig p938 comes out, then I'll be trading it in for that... i loved the P238, just didnt want to go less than 9mm, but more in cost.

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ive been looking around for a smaller CCW weapon. Qualifications are as follows:

3-3.5"~ barrel length max
    9mm or .45

I've looked at the HK P2000sk(which actually fatigues my hand when holding it due to its contour and trigger location) Glock23 which is meh, Walther PPS, XDM subcompact .45, the HK USP-C .45 and 9, Kimber UCII, and some micro Springfield .45. What other options are there?

S&W MP compact in 9, .45. Ruger SR9c.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Take a look @ the offerings from Kahr - single stack .380, 9mm, 40 and 45's and barrel lengths in the range you mentioned above. They also have a premium and value line for 9 & 45 so there are some options there as well.

Good luck.

I have the Kahr CM9 and without looking up barrel length it is absolutely best ccw in 9mm for the price IMO. there are others but put my vote on the CM9.

Top Bottom