• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Just bought that exact gun last night

Taurus has a short barrel 24/7 pro out. Almost bought it.

After all my research I settled on the Taurus Model 24/7 Pro in 40 S&W in blue. My reasoning are as follows in order of importance.
    1) Manual safety
    2) Taurus reputation for service and quality
    3) 40S&W; I chose that over 45 due to the fact I already have three carry guns in that cal so have a lot of ammo which is easier to find.
    4) Liked the weight and size
    5) Price was very attractive for the quality of the firearm. I already have a Kahr, Walthers and a Steyr in 40S&W and this seemed to be a little larger than the Kahr (but lighter) but smaller than the Walthers and Steyr.
    6) I liked the looks of the gun and the rubber grip they put on these are very comfortable.

I have never held this exact model but have similar guns in this family. If I get it and don't like it you will see it on my "for sale" list.

When I ordered it on the net it showed up that a gun I had on the backorder list for a long time came in and was available so I added that one to the order. It is a Henry pump 22 with the octagon barrel. I already have a Rossi I purchased in the late 70's or early 80's and love the gun. The wife likes to shoot it with .22 shorts, reminds her of the shoot out the red star games at the state fair years ago.

Thanks to everyone for the input, I took a look at every suggestion and they were good ones.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I picked up a Taurus PT745. I believe it's the slim version (6+1 single stack) of the PT145. Haven't fired it yet, but I like the size and feel.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    11849.jpg

CZ RAMI .40...

man i really like the looks of that

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Since I didn't read the whole thread, how about a S&W M&P .45 compact. I love mine, a lot lighter than a 1911, and it has a thumb safety to boot.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Here is my choice in my new carry gun.

My new Taurus Model 24/7 Compact Pro Pistol in 40S&W. Weights 25.4 oz., 3.3" barrel, Single/Double Action, Manual Safety which was important to me, and holds 15+1. This should sell for under $400. The Grips are really nice; can't wait to shoot it. I compared it with my Walthers and Styer 40's and it looks every bit as nice a gun. Came with two mags. Once I get to shoot it I will give a range report.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom