• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    I have a Llama double stack 1911 .45 acp. I have yet to find a quality holster to fit it. All I have so far is a junky nylon floppy holster. Any ideas? Picture is not mine.

1911.jpg

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I tried to find some specs of it online but couldn't. Is it like a normal 1911 in the slide?

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Yeah good luck finding anything online about it. Let me get some measurements and I'll get back with you. I have emailed a few different companies this question but no responses. I would think it would be the same but I will let you know.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    The Llama IX-C was manufactured from 1994 to 1997. It was similar to the Llama IX-A except for the 12-round double column magazine. This large-framed pistol had a 5 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]8[/SUB]-inch barrel and was 8 [SUP]1[/SUP]⁄[SUB]2[/SUB] inches long overall with a height of 5 [SUP]9[/SUP]⁄[SUB]16[/SUB] inches.
    From the wikipedia Llama page.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Rhino you are probably correct. I just need to take it to my local gun shops and test fit it. Was hoping for something along the lines of an alien gear or crossbreed type OWB. But I would settle for anything better than what it came with when I got it handed down to me.183507907_outbags-ob-32l-left-nylon-iwb-conceal-amp-owb-open-combo.jpg

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Thnaks for the info. Bianchi site is the first site I have seen with Llama actually listed. And I will contact Hooch. I know they aren't the best 1911's by any means but this one was carried by an uncle in the Coast Guard and has been from Florida on drug interdiction raids, to the west coast out of San Fran. and all over where he was stationed. He used it as his duty weapon on SP until California passed the large magazine law and he couldn't use it anymore.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino you are probably correct. I just need to take it to my local gun shops and test fit it. Was hoping for something along the lines of an alien gear or crossbreed type OWB. But I would settle for anything better than what it came with when I got it handed down to me.View attachment 37580

I would order an Alien Gear for a 1911 or Para-Ordnance 5" and try it. I'll bet it will fit with no problem.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    emailed Alien and told them what I have and was told they don't make one that would fit it. But they do have a 30 day money back no questions asked guarantee. So I might give it a go.

Top Bottom