• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Ive decided to retire my P32 and get a small 9mm to pocket carry.

So far Im leaning towards either a Keltec P11 or Skyy CPX-1?

Any advice from anyone whos owned one or have another suggestion for a pocket 9mm?

thanks

:ingo:

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I've been looking to do the same thing. Right now I'm sure it will be the Kel-Tec for me. Had a chance to shoot one and it just did everything right. I would suggest that you look into the one with the hard chrome slide.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So far Im leaning towards either a Keltec P11 or Skyy CPX-1?

Of those two, I would definitely lean towards the Keltec. Skyys do not have a great reputation. There are a number of other options out there as others are already suggesting. Get the best quality that you can afford if you expect it to be your everyday carry gun. :twocents:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I've owned and shot both the pf9 and the skyy. While I had no issues with either I'd suggest saving and going anothr dirction and getting something not as painful.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I dunno guys. I understand the firepower argument, but I've had my P32 on me all day, and didn't even think of it till I just read this. As one of the member's sig line says, better a .32 in the pocket than a .45 at home.

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    The Kahr PM9 is tough to beat. Kel-tec is a good gun. I'd give the edge to the Kahr. Of course, the Kahr should be better because it costs significantly more.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    DSC02417.jpg

PPS is way bigger than the PM9

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    9mm pocket gun

I had a Skyy cpx1 it was a Peace of shi* stay away from them.I had a both Keltec p11 & pf9 thay where ok guns and i had a Walther pps 9mm it had the worst trigger i have ever felt but the best 9mm pocket gun i have ever had was a Kahr PM9 i never should have sold that gun.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Others on here may disagree with me but there is nothing at all wrong with Sccy. I have a CPX-1 in my pocket right now (cargo shorts). Mostly carry the CPX-1 IWB but it will fit into larger pockets. I bought mine brand new and have not had any problems to date.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Taurus 709 Slim is worth a look.

+1

Kahr is price is no issue, Taurus Slim if it's mid-range price, any cheaper than that I'd go with the Keltec pf9 personally. The p11 mentioned, I never did like the trigger pull on. I couldn't justify keeping it with only 2 more round than the thin pf9 (iirc). PF9's are light, thin and easy to conceal. While painful, if you polish and take care of, they go bang with no issues.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    +1

Kahr is price is no issue, Taurus Slim if it's mid-range price, any cheaper than that I'd go with the Keltec pf9 personally. The p11 mentioned, I never did like the trigger pull on. I couldn't justify keeping it with only 2 more round than the thin pf9 (iirc). PF9's are light, thin and easy to conceal. While painful, if you polish and take care of, they go bang with no issues.

Thanks to everyone whos posted.

I will have to check out the Keltec P9 and the Taurus Slim.

Top Bottom