Looking for a nice, easily concealed 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I'm kind of in the same boat, as I'm currently looking for a pocket carry pistol and it's been hard to find what I want as well.

My requirements have been narrowed down to:

9mm minimum
    SA to be carried Cocked & Locked (I'd settle for SA/DA but there just aren't any SA/DA pistols out there that meet my other requirements)
    Has to be Smaller than my current pocket carry, which is a Kimber Ultra CDP II 45acp
    Ergo's similar to 1911 (as close as possible for a pocket sized pistol, anyways)

I will still be frequently carrying the Kimber Ultra CDPII. I'm just currently wanting to pick something up for the times when I want even more concealment and to serve BUG duty sometimes too.

I'm pretty much down to only a few choices:

Kimber Solo
    Sig 938
    Springfield EMP 9

I know that for what I'm wanting...it's SLIM Pickings out there !

I don't know of any others that may fit your requirements or mine ?

Last edited:

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    In your range and list of "want's" and price range, I recommend one of the following:

SA/DA, Used Sig P225, does have a hammer, but its profile can be changed if needed.

Striker, Glock 26 or 19. The 26 is way more versatile and would be my vote.

Both have decades of real world use in many environments as service weapons and carry weapons, and excellent reputations for reliability and accuracy.

Rockbear78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Westfield
    Im still rather new to carrying Myself. but i bought the sccy cpx-2 have about 500 rounds thru it and have had no problems, its a 10 shot clip and very light i enjoy shooting it and carrying it daily. I would trust my life with it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Beretta PX-4 Storm ... Has everything you are looking for except being "hammerless". The hammer does not protrude much tho... its almost partially concealed.

The subcompact is light, has a fantastic trigger and its design is smooth making it a good choice for conceal carry. Its a great shooter....

Another suggestion for the Storm SC. I just made one hell of a trade for one that is two months old. It's shape and contours are superior for carry and I own Glocks too.

SBG40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    Still no LTCH, but will eventually :)

Finally moved, new address, waiting for a letter in the mail with my name/new address so I can get my new drivers license so then I can finally apply for my LTCH with all the proper information in place. Around the house and when I step out on my porch or backyard for a cigerette, I carry my fullsized 4566TSW in my Galco IWB holster. It's doable, it can be concealed, just not practicall. The gun is just too large for it to fit in positions where it doesn't obstruct my ability to use my front pocket, or if moved closer to my rear I've got the barrel obstructing my back pocket a bit. Just not the most ideal gun for IWB carry.

So, looking for something smaller, something lighter, something with higher capacity. Something between pocket pistol and smaller than what I have currently.

There have been a few things that have caught my eye when browsing online, but unsure. Trying to get a list of things I should look into so I can see if I can handle them first before deciding.

Features I'd like is:

• DA/SA. I like this feature on my 4566.
    • Hammerless wouldn't be a bad feature, especially for concealed carry.
    • I like a more slanted grip than typical. I've got an old Ruger MKI, and I love the increased grip angle. Feels great in my hand.
    • Atleast 8+1 capacity, preferably.
    • Polymer or steel, don't matter. Weight won't bother me too much either way. Want quality.
    • My budget is about $500 max, could go a little bit higher but would prefer not to. (Considering this will be my first 9mm and I'll have to spend a couple hundred on ammo too as I don't like having just one box laying around).
    • Decent warranty. Every company can produce a dud it seems. I don't want to spend a lot having to deal with getting a new gun fixed.
    • Made in the USA a plus, not needed.

On my short list is the Glock 26, Ruger LC9, Kahr CM9, SA xd9 and S&W Shield. Welcome to any/all suggestions as well. Only ones I can get my hands on from this list to feel is the G26 and LC9 at the local gun shop. I don't think the other ones are there, unsure though.

HELLO and greetings , from what you want in a weapon i would seriously recommend the G26, it is small enough to fit in your pocket (SOMETHING I RECOMMEND YOU DON'T DO !! ), and yet powerful enough to give you the stopping power of a small round like the 9mm, my next choice if you so please to choose would be the G23 in .40cal this is the weapon of my choice for every day carry and if has served me well , and at times i do foreget that its on my hip.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I second the S&W 3913. Lightweight and uber concealable. You can usually find them for a good price too. The only limitations that I can think of are magazine capacity and it's magazine disconnect. But those are subjective based on your personal preferences. If you don't mind sacrificing a little bit of width I would also suggest a S&W 6906 that holds 12 rounds if I remember right. Another added bonus is if you own a full size 5906,5903, or 5946..the magazines will fit in the 6906.

Another good one would be a Glock 26 if you don't mind polymer, and no I don't suggest it because it's a Glock. It holds a minimum of 10 rounds and with a plus 2 extension it can hold 12+1. The extension also helps get a full grip on the pistol. This is the set up I use when I want something I know won't be seen even if someone were to try to see if I'm "printing." Also like the S&W's mentioned above..magazines from the Glock 17 and 19 will work in the 26.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would vote for a canik as well they are well made and look fantastic. I would also recommend a LC9 I don't really mind the long trigger pull, it conceals easily, and no malfunctions yet have put 200 rds through it. Even though it can be concealed but heavy as hell I would never trade my 4506, been buying up extra parts for just in case and eats whatever you feed it.

Top Bottom