• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm looking for a breeder of Miniature Labridoodles, I have one, he's an awesome dog, looking for another.
    My girlfriend and I have been trying to find dog breeders, looked on all sorts of websites, done all kinds online searching, but i figured i would put something out on this site, just in case someone has any insight. Any info i can get would be awesome.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    not looking for a mutt. looking for a particular breed. thank you though.... :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of a Labradoodle? If not you will find the below information not only interesting, but you may convert to a new dog breed for your family. The Labradoodle is a hunting dog that is a cross between a poodle and a Labrador. You will find there are seven colors you can have with a Labradoodle. They can be chalk, cream, apricot, chocolate, cafÈ, or black and silver. You will also find they can be a mix of these colors. They are one of the most interesting breeds despite being a mixed breed. You will find they usually weigh between 25 and 90 pounds. They stand about 13- 22 inches from the ground making them a short dog.

You will find the Labradoodle is intelligent, intuitive, and very full of energy. They do very well as companions, but doesn't make a service dog. In other words while they can be great hunting dogs they don't make for good therapy dogs or seeing- eye dogs. They tend to have both a poodle and Labrador mentality making them very excitable. You will also find they can make a great family pet as long as they have been trained. They can be excessively energetic and sometimes don't make the best pets for smaller children. Training as a puppy is very important to help them learn proper techniques and reign in the energy just a little. If you do train them properly they can be around children.

Last edited:

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I like the last line "if you train them properly they can be around children". They are not recognized by the AKC therefore a mutt. I myself would not spend the $600 or $700 that people pay but to each their own. If my Bulldog gets out and has relations with the neighbors ****zu I guess I will have me some "Bull****z":D

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    There are other benefits to the breed as well. They are good for people who suffer from allergies, and they shed very little.

They have their place. This is coming from the person with a "who rescued who?" on my truck.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    If my Bulldog gets out and has relations with the neighbors ****zu I guess I will have me some "Bull****z":D

that joke was funnier in 1992 when i saw it in Dumb N Dumber.

wow, i thought i put a legit post up, but i guess i was wrong. moderators please delete this thread.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I like the last line "if you train them properly they can be around children". They are not recognized by the AKC therefore a mutt. I myself would not spend the $600 or $700 that people pay but to each their own. If my Bulldog gets out and has relations with the neighbors ****zu I guess I will have me some "Bull****z":D

Not a huge fan of the AKC. By their rules you can have an animal that has a pure and proven blood line and it can still not be of the breed. As far as pure breds go technically speaking all dogs have been bred for certain characteristics and thus are mutts until of sufficient numbers to be considered a breed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I currently have a Jack Russel and Manchester Terrier Cross and a full blooded Pug. These dogs are in the opposite ends of personality. After 12 years of this high strung Russel mix, I will no longer have a wirey dog after she goes. I'll either get a Lab or an English Bulldog for my next dog.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    that joke was funnier in 1992 when i saw it in Dumb N Dumber.

wow, i thought i put a legit post up, but i guess i was wrong. moderators please delete this thread.

LOL, don't get your panties in a bunch, we're just messing around with you...If you want to pay top dollar for a mutt, that is your choice.:laugh:

Try Puppies for Sale, Dogs for Sale and Dog Breeders. I would have done the search for you, but for some reason there isn't a spot to type in location right now and I didn't feel like sifting through all of the breeders...You can usually narrow the search down by location though.

Also, look in the online classifieds of the biggest news paper in your area.

Also, I just searched "labradoodle" + "Indiana" + "puppy" and got a ton of results...Google/name your search engine is your friend.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    thanks Bazooka, no big. however, we have exhausted all those online search methods, this has been something we've looked into for months now. We are familiar with all the usual web sites... SO I posted on here in the odd hope that someone on this site is, or knows a breeder of these dogs, as they are quickly growing in popularity among breeders and owners alike.

...and Bazooka, I'm 25 years old, and of the "google" generation, I know how to conduct a thorough web search. Like i said, I was just throwing out the proverbial worm to see if I got any bites on this site, as it has been particularly helpful any other time i've had questions... you never know who could be on these web forums, INGO included. I'm sure a dog breeder can also be a gun enthusiast, as I'm a dog owner and a gun / car enthusiast. So we come from all walks of life.

I've been in talks with several breeders (across the nation) and I would like to try to find one local. the trouble is, there are so many variations on the breed. So you really have to talk to the particular breeders and see where they stand and what they have as far as pups.

I have a second generation straight haired 25lb mini-labradoodle. he looks like a little black lab, which i think is cool. he is great at seeking out, fetching, comfortable around gun fire, and even takes to water like labs I've been around, but he's a convenient size for commuting and apartment/small house/bachelor lifestyle living. He's all the best qualities of a lab + the size of the mini poodle. He was abandoned as a pup and I adopted him from a local shelter. Since finding out his "heritage" I've done a lot of research and discovered an interest in the breed. I want to get another dog as a companion for him, and what better than another dog like him, to match his temperament, size, and energy level.

So, in conclusion, if there is anyone out there who is or knows of labradoodle breeders, please post up, your efforts would deffinitely be very appreciated. thank you

-nick

Dirk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Kudos to you for doing your research before hand. Nothing chaps my @ss more than an impulse puppy buyer. I hate nothing more than a back yard breeder producing puppies to make a quick buck and preying on those impulse people. People just don't realize there are 4 million dogs put to sleep each year here in the US (that's 15 every minute of every day).

My advice to you would be to become an active member of a Labradoodle forum and ask the same question. I'm an active member on a doberman forum and the wealth of information on breed specific sites outweighs even the greatest of trainers.

Give this one a try: Labradoodle Forums

Here's a great article to check out as well: http://labradoodle-dogs.net/ebooks/Finding%20A%20Breeder.pdf

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    thanks Bazooka, no big. however, we have exhausted all those online search methods, this has been something we've looked into for months now. We are familiar with all the usual web sites... SO I posted on here in the odd hope that someone on this site is, or knows a breeder of these dogs, as they are quickly growing in popularity among breeders and owners alike.

...and Bazooka, I'm 25 years old, and of the "google" generation, I know how to conduct a thorough web search. Like i said, I was just throwing out the proverbial worm to see if I got any bites on this site, as it has been particularly helpful any other time i've had questions... you never know who could be on these web forums, INGO included. I'm sure a dog breeder can also be a gun enthusiast, as I'm a dog owner and a gun / car enthusiast. So we come from all walks of life.

I've been in talks with several breeders (across the nation) and I would like to try to find one local. the trouble is, there are so many variations on the breed. So you really have to talk to the particular breeders and see where they stand and what they have as far as pups.

I have a second generation straight haired 25lb mini-labradoodle. he looks like a little black lab, which i think is cool. he is great at seeking out, fetching, comfortable around gun fire, and even takes to water like labs I've been around, but he's a convenient size for commuting and apartment/small house/bachelor lifestyle living. He's all the best qualities of a lab + the size of the mini poodle. He was abandoned as a pup and I adopted him from a local shelter. Since finding out his "heritage" I've done a lot of research and discovered an interest in the breed. I want to get another dog as a companion for him, and what better than another dog like him, to match his temperament, size, and energy level.

So, in conclusion, if there is anyone out there who is or knows of labradoodle breeders, please post up, your efforts would deffinitely be very appreciated. thank you

-nick

If you have a specific LDoodle in mind, then it would be in your best interest to tell us, so if we happen to stumble across one, we can tell you...Who knows, I may be bored later and search around a little for you just for the hell of it.

Kudos to you for doing your research before hand. Nothing chaps my @ss more than an impulse puppy buyer. I hate nothing more than a back yard breeder producing puppies to make a quick buck and preying on those impulse people. People just don't realize there are 4 million dogs put to sleep each year here in the US (that's 15 every minute of every day).

My advice to you would be to become an active member of a Labradoodle forum and ask the same question. I'm an active member on a doberman forum and the wealth of information on breed specific sites outweighs even the greatest of trainers.

Give this one a try: Labradoodle Forums

Here's a great article to check out as well: http://labradoodle-dogs.net/ebooks/Finding%20A%20Breeder.pdf

Good luck in your search.

My buddy is currently looking for a Doberman right now...

He wants an indoor family dog; he has 3 kids all under 5.

He's looking to spend $900 or less and would prefer to buy relatively local(a few hours is fine).

Have any suggestions?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    looks who's coming around, good ol bazooka joe, let's get a round of applause! just when i thought you were one of those internet jerks who preys on the innocent on web forums, you go and prove that you just might be an alright guy! i salute you sir.

now don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm just dishin' it back to ya.

the specifics on the Labradoodle I am seeking out, is a miniature, my girlfriend would idealy prefer a blonde, but it must be straight haired. we are idealy looking for a female, breeder has to have no convictions against spaying/neutering.

we already have a rescued mini black doodle. he is actually blind too. we want to get him a "seeing eye buddy" and a play mate. like i said, we fell in love with the breed after doing the research.

Thanks for the kudos on doing my homework, i wasn't alone. My girl has been doing quite a bit of it as well. we have really looked into this particular breed. our current dog is a wonderful dog, he really deserves a great "little sister."

Top Bottom