• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Have to dissagree with this being a good place.
    I found the employees to be condescending & arrogant.
    FYI. You have to buy their ammo if shooting 'military calibers' (Hust a heads up as I did not see this posted anywhere).

Too bad... I have never had that experience there..... Never had an issue with ammo either.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I am not sure where you are located, bt Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield is really nice. It has been there a little over a year. It is well kept, at least on safety office there all the time and is very helpful to those having trouble. 5 rifle and 10 pistol lanes with gun rental if you need it. It is just a really nice indoor range.

Indoor Shooting Range and Gun Store | Westfield, Carmel and Indianapolis, IN - Tim's Shooting Academy

I think I've been there... I won't go back because they have a rule against bringing loaded firearms into the building (even when holstered) and do not allow drawing from a holster on the range. That completely eliminates their usefulness for me. Range time isn't only about putting holes on paper. Also, lead only projectiles are not allowed. A lot of my loaded ammo is lead...

Regardless, nice facility and friendly staff. Prices weren't too bad if I recall correctly and the ventilation system worked well.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Tim's recently updated their ammo policy: Ammunition Policy Change Upon request from our customers, Tim’s is going to change its current policy and allow our customers to use their own military caliber non-banned ammo at our range. We will continue to check all ammo being used in the range to insure no banned ammo is unintentionally being used.
    Banned Ammo includes:
    Military caliber steel or bimetal rounds
    Tracer bullets
    We DO ALLOW steel and aluminum cased rounds to be fired from pistols.
    We aim to deliver the best possible environment for all of our customers, keeping safety at the forefront.
    We hope you are pleased with this new ammunition policy. We appreciate all our customers and look forward to serving all of you for many years to come.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    This past weekend I shot at the new "Point Blank" range in Carmel. Nice facility. About 20 bays. Really liked their dividers between bays. Deeper than most which really helps contain brass and makes it easier to pick up mine for reloading.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Just got back from highsmith. Not as new and fancy as BGF (was) Parabellum or Point Blank but a great time just the same. Everything was in very good repair and the guys working were very friendly. Haven't seen that much 22lr in a long time either. $0.08/round for federal auto match no limit.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Tim's recently updated their ammo policy: Ammunition Policy Change Upon request from our customers, Tim’s is going to change its current policy and allow our customers to use their own military caliber non-banned ammo at our range. We will continue to check all ammo being used in the range to insure no banned ammo is unintentionally being used.
    Banned Ammo includes:
    Military caliber steel or bimetal rounds
    Tracer bullets
    We DO ALLOW steel and aluminum cased rounds to be fired from pistols.
    We aim to deliver the best possible environment for all of our customers, keeping safety at the forefront.
    We hope you are pleased with this new ammunition policy. We appreciate all our customers and look forward to serving all of you for many years to come.
    It was asked before,
    what is "military caliber...rounds"?
    also, why no steel or aluminum cased rounds?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was asked before,
    what is "military caliber...rounds"?
    also, why no steel or aluminum cased rounds?

By the EU definition, 9MM Luger and .45ACP would have been banned based on the vague way they use that term. They are a "military caliber" too.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I stopped at Indy Arms Company last week.

Still needs some paint and finish carpentry before the opening.

But I took a tour of the ranges. That's correct. Two separate ranges for different types of practice.

Unbelievable. Really really nice.
    I can hardly wait. Close enough to do a lunch time shoot with some co-workers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom