• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Looking for a gun safe!FOUND IT,updated with pics!

Hey guys, My wife is going to buy me a safe 4 fathers day!!:D She/We are looking to spend 300$-400$. Does anyone know of a good place or anyone have sales right now. I looked online at Dicks, Bass Pro, Gander Mtn, Rural King and TSC. They all have about the same things for the same prices. Dicks looked to have the best deals but I didnt know if anyone has noticed any good deals anywhere. Dicks had a 19 gun with adjust shelf section for 399$ but its not fire or waterproof. I know i may not be able to get fire and water proof in that range but i may be able to come up with some money of my own if there is some great deal out there. Thanks in advance:rockwoot:

MODs= If this needs moved please do, I am new here and am getting adjusted to where everything should need posted!!

Last edited:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Check Menards......if you use a Menards card they may wave interest for 6 months.........with a 2% return check at the end of the year for use in the store..........:@ya:............<>< Duce

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Check Menards......if you use a Menards card they may wave interest for 6 months.........with a 2% return check at the end of the year for use in the store..........:@ya:............<>< Duce

I second that, Menards on the south side of Indy had afew in your price range last weekend.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    i will call AAC, is it a gun shop or sporting goods store? and i will check dunhams! Thanks guys!

AAC does have a few damaged safes in the back room against the wall.... the one I looked at a few days ago has a large allen wrench spot welded in place of the original handle.

They may deal to move these out, and Jerry will be back in on Friday, Jerome the owner is only there after about 4pm or later.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Hey guys, My wife is going to buy me a safe 4 fathers day!!quote]

You got yourself a good woman there :rockwoot::yesway::yesway: :cheers: :rockwoot:
    I think I will keep her!:D I still havent talked her into buying me a gun because she keeps saying she will get the wrong one!!

P.S. She is really trying to make up for last fathers day when she bought me a toilet paper holder, 2 robe hooks and 2 towel holders that i got to install!! Yeah me!

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    24 gun with shelves. Fire proof and water proof!! Pics to come!!! Got a heck of a deal at dicks!!! Happy Fathers day to me!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    24 gun with shelves. Fire proof and water proof!! Pics to come!!! Got a heck of a deal at dicks!!! Happy Fathers day to me!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Make sure you still have insurance on your guns. The "fire proofing" of most safes isn't all that great in a really hot fire. If you are the least bit handy with tools/home remodeling/repair, I heard an excellent suggestion: Run a water line from the closest one you have, up through the wall (or even along the backside of the closet/room/etc.) and install a sprinkler head right above the safe. Another suggestion is to put the safe near a window and when the fire department arrives, see if they can direct a hose right at that window.

Speaking of safes, has anyone heard anything about Sturdy Safes? http://www.sturdysafe.com He uses a different kind of fire liner which he claims is better: Fire Gun Safe Info : Fireproof Gun Safes : Fire Resistant Safe : SturdySafe.com

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    4722_213591115330_638175330_7308808_2695304_n.jpg

I paid 599.99 from Dicks I feel like its a good deal. It was at least 100$ off. I pitched in the extra money so i could get the bigger one with fire and waterproof!
    4722_213591160330_638175330_7308815_6385822_n.jpg

I think she had other reasons for buying me a safe for fathers day!:D She really just wanted to make sure HER gun was safe. She will be three in Aug and has had her own gun since she was 4 months old! She is very proud of it but she says she is "too lil daddy" to shoot it! I am one proud papa!
    4722_213591165330_638175330_7308816_7654898_n.jpg

I did some customizing by moving the right gun rack down several inches so my 10/22s and smaller guns would rest on the rack! It also came with bump outs for the scoped rifles, you can see them in this pic. Thas not the whole arsenal but a couple of them.:rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom