• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I picked up a 5:11 Tactical belt with the NRA logo on the buckle from the NRA store.

It's been the best belt I've ever owned. I've had it for just over a year, and I carry a wheel-gun in a belt-slide holster every day.

DrWin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used to use a 5.11 basketweave leather belt. It worked well in terms of strength and durability. The design is good as it's subdued and doesn't attract a lot of attention, which is great if you decide to go tucked IWB. The basketweave design seems to have prevented any sort of noticeable wear. However, it kind of squeaks when I walk around, so it was annoying enough for me to get another belt just in case. I now regularly use a The Wilderness 5-stitch belt. I recommend it, unless you don't like the fact that it uses velcro.

Last edited:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Daltech Force Bio Belt. Best $45 I have ever spent.

Just got mine today. Dang, now i see why they make a difference. I didn't even wear it yet but it's well made.
    I got one that had been returned with info discount for like $32!
    Edit: not the bio. black leather.
    Stitched BULLBELT - Full Grain Bull Hide Gun Belt - BLACK with SNAPS and STAINLESS roller buckle

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Haven't handled his belts, but I totally dig this guys stuff. I can't afford much on his site but I've heard he's top notch. He makes a belt and mentions it would be good for carrying.
    Www.saddle back leather.com best of luck! I won a free keychain a few years ago and I have always checked back on his site since.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    You need to get a gun belt...period

To anybody who is reading through this thread and still on the fence about whether or not to get a gun belt...DO IT!! The comparison between the way you are carrying now versus what carrying will be like with a gunbelt is like night and day.

I spent quite a bit of time reading reviews, flipping through threads, etc. trying to justify buying a belt that had the sole purpose of holding a gun up. I could never bring myself to drop that kind of cash on an accessory that I'd worn my whole life (a belt, that is). I recently graduated college and bought my first home, so needless to say with student loans and house payments money is kind of tight.

One day I came across this one on Midway DeSantis E25 Belt 1.5 Steel Buckle Leather Black. I thought I'd give it a shot and drop the $20...it seemed reasonable, low level of investment, so if i couldn't tell a difference I wouldn't beat myself up about wasting money on a piece of leather. I am so glad i did.

I have had this belt for a month and have worn it everyday for 12+ hours and it shows no sign of ever being used. I carry a Glock 22 in a Comp-Tac MTAC (a good holster is highly recommended as well) and the combination of the holster with this belt allow me to carry the full size Glock completely concealed with no discomfort, constant adjusting, super-tight belt...the kind of stuff you go through carrying with a standard belt.

This belt is a cheaper alternative to some of the belts you will find. I realize that it most likely will not last as long as some of the other belts mentioned...and when the time comes to replace it, i will not hesitate to drop the money on a better quality belt now that i know the impact that it has on the way i carry. For me, i wanted to "test drive" a gun belt and wound up completely sold.

Sorry to rant (not really :):) but I cant believe what a difference the belt has made and hope everyone makes the switch to gun belts...you will not regret it, ever. Ive learned so much on INGO and this is at the top of the list...thank you :ingo:

Top Bottom