• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Beech grove firearms is great.. Pop guns, now family indoor shooting range, was great a year ago, havent been since. Might as well hit up BGF, the price is almost the same, and the range is sweet.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I would tell you to shoot in your basement before going to Pop Guns ,a little sarcasim intended there but I cant get this so called smart phone to let me go to the color change for purple.
    I used to love to go to Pop Guns but I was in there less than a year ago and I was no treated well at all. The guys that used to work in there were pretty much all LEO of some sort but this last time they were all major league Dbags. I had some snot nose punk look right at me from behind the counter, I asked him a very simple question and he put a cigarette in his mouth anr walked outside to light it without even responding to me. The older bald guy with glasses did the same excpet he pointed to the range hours before walking away. I guess it was break time.

Before anyone says "Oh they were overloaded by the run on guns" #1. This was last spring before elections and before shootings ect... #2. Pop Guns has hardly ever had enough stock on their shelves to be part of the run on guns at anytime... #3. Their prices on longguns have always been out of whack and so have many of their pistol prices.

My cousin did get a good deal on his Glock there awhile back but it was because it was a special order through the Sheriff's Department he was a reserve for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just an FYI but starting the first weekend in March, Eagle Creek Pistol Range, Indy's best public outdoor shooting range, opens for the season.

If it is outdoor you want then this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Safety is top notch. Facility is good and fun to use.
    MCFG is another but it is members only and outside 465 west side.

BGF is best indoor facility we are aware of.
    ITP would be a 2nd.
    PG dead last caompared to them.

Dons is a place for someone to go if you want to shoot under the stress of battle. We have had altercations the last 4 times in that store. If you enjoy confrontation with ill equipped under trained morons....that is your place.

We only went there to run in AR's in the winter. After our last encounter which ended up in the parking lot we will not return.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Looks like BGF, ITP, and HS comes highly recommended. I'll definitely try one of them out in the next week or so. Thanks for all the feedback.

Fester

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Greenfield
    Highsmith Guns in Greenfield is well ventilated, plenty of room, and friendly staff. Don't go to Pop's Guns. They are the exect opposite.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I would HIGHLY recommend Beech Grove. It is clean, good lighting, excellent ventilation, and an active range safety crew. Also, no bans on firing non-brass ammo, and you can shoot centerfire rifles. Excellent.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'll give a shout out to Highsmith too. I went there for the first time last week and loved it. The staff is very friendly, the range is clean, and when I went there was only one other person on the range. It was $12 for a half-hour and $18 for an hour. Like most all gun shops, they were very low on stock. You can bring your own ammo, but they ask that you only fire brass cased.

Like others have said, stay away from Pop Guns. Their staff doesn't seem to be very friendly anymore, and the range is often crowded with the rough crowd from the flea market.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I would love to go to BGF you guys make it sound awesome! I went to an indoor range in TN once, and it was great, went during the weekday, mid day, and only a guy and his wife there. One thing I have to ask...

What the heck is with the ceiling? Is that the same for all indoor ranges? The ceiling is shaped like this \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ and there are bullet holes EVERYWHERE like people specifically try to drop chunks of the ceiling onto the floor. I know they required a deposit for centerfire rifles because of "range damage". I was there with a shotgun, so I shot slugs, buckshot and birdshot, but never at the ceiling, and made sure to avoid the target hanger, which I saw some people also purposely shoot to try to cut the bar in half or something.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    ITP is cheaper but BGF has a much more advanced, larger, higher quality, better ventilated range.

That being said, I prefer Atterbury - I like outdoors more but I do understand you were asking about indoors :).

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Beech Grove Firearms

BGF indoor range is very nice with an awesome ventilation system and i didn't find it that expensive either. The people that work there are very nice as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my shooting time there. You can shoot weapons up to .308 i believe.:ar15:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    BGF indoor range is very nice with an awesome ventilation system and i didn't find it that expensive either. The people that work there are very nice as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my shooting time there. You can shoot weapons up to .308 i believe.:ar15:
    I wouldn't call it expensive, it's just more expensive than ITP. Just like ITP is cheaper than BGF but not what I would consider 'cheap' either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom