• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Been years since I've been to a indoor shooting range after a bad experience at Don's years ago.

Short story: moron shooting in another lane started waving his cocked and loaded .45 at everybody while he was exaggerating a story to a buddy. Went to one of the guys behind the counter, who told me to wait until he accidentally shot at one of us and to drop him in return.

Haven't been to an indoor range since.

Well, I'm getting the hunger to go shoot through a few boxes of ammo, and have several handguns I need to test. No chance for decent weather soon, so maybe I'll try to find a decent range.

Where's a good place, within an hour of the NE side of Indy, that can be recommended? Looking for decent rates for an hour or two, where I can breathe the air ok, and safety is actually a concern. Can drive farther for a great experience, nice way to spend a day.

Thanks for your input.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Pop Guns on the east side is ok, or at least it was the last time I was there (about 2 years ago). If there are a lot of people shooting the air can get a little heavy.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Beech Grove Firearms just opened a new, state of the art indoor range. Good people and a nice place too.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Indy trading post on madison avenue just south of downtown and beech grove firearms in beech grove both have indoor ranges. I have been to itp but not beech grove. Itp is good and relatively inexpensive. I can't speak for bg.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Do not go to Pop Guns. Beech Grove Firearms is the nicest indoor range in Indianapolis with great ventilation. It is more expensive than your other options. Indy Trading post is another option. Not as nice as Beech Grove but has a good selection of guns to rent.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Beech Grove Firearms opened a range and it is getting rave reviews. New, clean, high tech, and the air quality is supposed to be great. Wish I lived farther north so I could take advantage.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Beech Grove Firearms is just off 465 at the 6'oclock dial. They are brand new range with great rates and the BEST air filtration system you can have. I first used them last week and am already planning my next trip back there next week. I give them 1,000,000,000,000 thumbs up.

p.s. I am not being paid for this I just have felt your pain from other ranges I have visited in Indy area, poor air quality, people that do not know rule 1 about gun safety, or best of all the guys that talk the talk but trip when they try and walk 1 step.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Beech Grove Firearms is just off 465 at the 6'oclock dial. They are brand new range with great rates and the BEST air filtration system you can have. I first used them last week and am already planning my next trip back there next week. I give them 1,000,000,000,000 thumbs up.

Thanks to all that replied. I may have to try BGF then. Three questions. What's thir rates? Can I bring my own ammo or do I have to buy theirs? And when is a good time to go to avoid long waits? Thanks!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Thanks to all that replied. I may have to try BGF then. Three questions. What's thir rates? Can I bring my own ammo or do I have to buy theirs? And when is a good time to go to avoid long waits? Thanks!
    12.50 half hour, 20.00 hr. 2nd person half price.

that is what I was quoted when they opened.. I don't know about the ammo or the wait

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012

Range

Heard it's always busy, I would go during the work day if you have the availability.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I went mid day and had to wait about 15 min to get 3 lanes side by side so not bad wait. I used my own ammo. and once again you will LOVE it. Thanks alot now that I am talking about it I want to go shooting again. Well if I find some .22 ammo tomorrow morning on my pre dawn ammo search I will be there Sunday when they open...Hope to see you all there.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Just an FYI but starting the first weekend in March, Eagle Creek Pistol Range, Indy's best public outdoor shooting range, opens for the season.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Indy trading post on madison avenue just south of downtown and beech grove firearms in beech grove both have indoor ranges. I have been to itp but not beech grove. Itp is good and relatively inexpensive. I can't speak for bg.

Another for ITP. It is where I shoot the most now.

Top Bottom