• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paramed60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Oolitic, IN
    I just got my SBR and now have decided to get a can for it and my other black rifles. Any suggestions? I want a good one but surefires are a tad expensive, has anyone seen or used a OPS INC can? They are built to military specs and seem like a logical choice. I want QD and the Gemtech's are the shizzel for that. Weight and noise are the next considerations as well as warranty. Come on some one has good intel and can hook me up.:ar15:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    OpsInc and Surefire cans are very similar (I wonder why :rolleyes:) and very high quality. Surefire claims almost zero POI shift when shooting with and without the can, but I don't have any direct experience shooting one. I have heard Ops cans and they are as quiet as I would expect from a centerfire rifle can, but not any more effective than offerings from Gemtech and AAC. A couple guys I shoot with have the AAC M4-2000 cans from AAC and they are very good cans too. They take a lot of use/abuse and keep on chugging. Sound reduction is excellent on them as well. Another member on here who I shoot with has a Gemtech Halo and it is also a very good QD can. Any of the above cans will likely have you not regretting your purchase. The Ops and Surefire cans are the most spendy, followed by AAC and then Gemtech.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    You mite want to check out the YHM cans. I several along with my Gemtech AAC and Tactical Inovation cans. They all are good cans with the YHM being less costly. But cans are a bad habit to start you can't have just one.
    Bob

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Do some research on which cans perform best on SBR's, the AAC, YHM, Gemtech all do well on shortys. Ops Inc are supposed to be good, don't have any experience with them though. Silencertalk and NFAtalk have some good (free) data on their performance. If your on a budget and have multiple AR's and .223 platforms, screw on cans work fine too. The YHM does well on SBR's compaired to the AAC M4-1000, but the 2000 mentioned above beats it out hands down. But the main thing in my book on 5.56 cans, are how they are built, then weight and sound reduction.

paramed60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Oolitic, IN
    Well I took the plunge and went for the YHM supressor in .308 for my SBR AR in .223. Thanks for the input and I watched the SSNFA video of this can which helped my decision. A big thanks to Acme sporting goods in Seymour, good people very knowledgeable.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    You mite want to check out the YHM cans. I several along with my Gemtech AAC and Tactical Inovation cans. They all are good cans with the YHM being less costly. But cans are a bad habit to start you can't have just one.
    Bob

"Once you pop, you can't stop" :D

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    im in the same boat ??
    Looking at AACs 762 SD .... tad spendy tho
    YHMs 308 can is a little more resonable ..
    Waiting for a demo on my HK53 & AR before i purchase

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    im in the same boat ??
    Looking at AACs 762 SD .... tad spendy tho
    YHMs 308 can is a little more resonable ..
    Waiting for a demo on my HK53 & AR before i purchase

So make a trip out to our shop and we can demo it for you.
    I cant promise shooting it on your gun but i can show you the can on our AR then on our AK

Top Bottom