Looking at what I want for my welcome back to American soil present...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am looking at a new gift for myself as my congratulations I survived another tour present.

I am looking at making myself a pistol cal AR. I am undecided on whether 9mm, .357Sig, or .45ACP. I am looking at 9mm for the economy of it. .357Sig and .45ACP for the punch factor.

My next part of the quest is has anyone here had hands on the Bazooka Brothers lowers? I am quite interested in them for the fact that they are Hoosier made.

So what say you the experts...
    Please espouse the wisdom of the group mind.

P.S. I have 6 months or better to research this...

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    when you do make it home if your around franklin look me up and we will go shooting and ill buy you a welcome home beer.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My mom and step father bought me a Lithgow No. 1 MkIII Enfield .303 as a welcome home gift from my tour in the R.O.K. '91 - '92. Still have it. One helluva rifle.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thank you for your service!

The way i look at it is: If you keep the AR and shoot it fairly often, then over the life of a 9mm AR, you will save enough in ammo money to buy you that 9mm handgun. BUT if you built an AR in .357sig then you would already have a handgun for it....but you would spend more money in the long run.

I would go with the 9mm....because im not gonna care too much about the hit behind a handgun round in an AR. And because i have always wanted a surpressed 9mm AR.

Good luck on your next tour! And thank you again

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I say forget the AR and buy a KRISS Super V in .45... :D

Thought of that... To compact for what I am wanting for one, and for two it uses Glock Mags if I remember right...

The way i look at it is: If you keep the AR and shoot it fairly often, then over the life of a 9mm AR, you will save enough in ammo money to buy you that 9mm handgun. BUT if you built an AR in .357sig then you would already have a handgun for it....but you would spend more money in the long run.

I would go with the 9mm....because im not gonna care too much about the hit behind a handgun round in an AR. And because i have always wanted a surpressed 9mm AR.

Thought of that... I am not really looking at a compressed gun though. Plus I keep a boat load of .45ACP and .357Sig on hand already...

I'm getting a double stacked Para 1911 with a bunch of unit info on it, and a new foot!

To answer your question, I would go 9mm.

Double Stacked Para sounds pretty sweet. I got a couple friends that love theirs. The 101st has a similar offer going here too.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My next question is 11.5" Barrel or 14.5" Barrel or ???

I am feeling like building a Pistol Caliber Carbine. What is the better blend of accuracy and range?!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My next question is 11.5" Barrel or 14.5" Barrel or ???

I am feeling like building a Pistol Caliber Carbine. What is the better blend of accuracy and range?!

I'd go 7.5", but that's just me. :D Depends if you have the tax stamp money. Can't answer about the accuracy issue though. Shooter would be a good one to ask.

Top Bottom