• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    WASRs aren't really bad, but they aren't exactly quality either, at least not the Century ones.

In college I had a couple Polish Vector's, and my friend had a Century WASR that seemed like a good one (not much mag wobble, and the sights were straight etc). But when you actually put them on the bench and shot them, I could ding the 100 yard 10X10 plate all day long with the Vector, but I was lucky to hit 1 in 10 with his WASR. I don't know what the exact cause was because we never dug into it, I just know that my Vectors were, and still are tack drivers; the same can't be said for his WASR.

BTW, I own 3 WASR now but can't attest to their accuracy. I have 2 G-kits that I still haven't built up, and a Century imported WASR that I just bought.

I do have a Century AMD65 that has crooked sights on it though. IMHO, I wouldn't buy anything made by Century without checking it out VERY thoroughly.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Accuracy is directly inverse to reliability. I got one of mine from Dunham's. The other is Russian. Can't tell the difference. They are both accurate to within one MOB (moment of barn door).

Get a good cheap one. You won't see enough difference to justify the price.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I just entered the AK world. I wanted a inexpensive starter so I went with Centerfire System Bulgarian AK 74. The 74 is a 5.45x39. This round is very inexpensive and easy to fire - if your wife and children want to shoot it.
    The gun was $360 and I also bought the ATI Strikeforce conversion stock which provided 3 rails, adjustible stock, and a larger pistol grip. The ATI kit cost another $70. I also added a front grip from another gun, I purchased a rail optics mount for $35, and a 2x7 tactical from NCstar (already owned) and I'm having a great time at the range. It has been a very fun month.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have shot a few different AK variants. I own a Maadi (Egyptian) and absolutely love it. It is by far the most accurate AK I have fired to date. The Russians actually built them for the Egyptians after they lost to the Israelis. So they are as close as you can get to a Russian AK without actually having a Russian AK. I can put all my rounds on an 8" target at 50 yards.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I have shot a few different AK variants. I own a Maadi (Egyptian) and absolutely love it. It is by far the most accurate AK I have fired to date. The Russians actually built them for the Egyptians after they lost to the Israelis. So they are as close as you can get to a Russian AK without actually having a Russian AK. I can put all my rounds on an 8" target at 50 yards.

There are many good Maadi's but you have to do your homework and pay attention to the year it is. A lot of the Maadi's imported we built up using demilled Norinco AK's and were not a good fit.:twocents:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There are many good Maadi's but you have to do your homework and pay attention to the year it is. A lot of the Maadi's imported we built up using demilled Norinco AK's and were not a good fit.:twocents:[/quote

The Century Arms models where the ones that use Norinco parts in Maadi receivers. The Norinco barrels where smaller so they shimmed them. Mine is an Intrac ARM and it was imported between 93-95. If I remember correctly mine was imported in 95. I'm very impressed with the accuracy compared to other AK variants I have fired.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thread%20Necromancy.jpg

Welcome to INGO asassine! :ingo:

Top Bottom