• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i've finally decided that i need to buy a .22 pistol. been looking at the buckmark, ruger, and beretta but i haven't shot any of them. being as though i don't have any experience with them, i figured i see what you all think. it'll pretty much just be used for plinking at targets, don't plan to try and hunt anything with it. it'll also be the gun my kids start with (once they get old enough).

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a Ruger MKIII and a Buckmark. Both are great guns, accurate and a blast to shoot.

It really comes down to what looks better to you and what fits your hands along with your kids hands.

Both the Ruger and BM can handle 600 rounds without jams or gun issues, from my experience I have more trouble with the ammo.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have a Ruger Mark III bull barrel blued and a nice halo sight, 2 mags, low round count, hard case, I would be willing to negotiate on.

I love it, but don't use it enough to make it worth my money.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The first gun I ever purchased (1992) was a Ruger Single-Six in .22lr / .22mag. I still have it and it is easily the most accurate pistol I have ever had. It's also very fun to shoot. Being able to shoot both .22lr and .22mag out of the same gun is nice. I've never had any problem with any type of ammo that I've shot through it.

I've once owned a Ruger semi-auto .22lr and it was fun to shoot...but ooooohhhhh what a pain in the arse to clean.

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This weekend I am going to try and pick up a Puma 1911-22 at the 1500. It looks like a fun gun and a good trainer for a full sized 45 1911 for less than a .22 conversion kit. And its not the same MK II or buckmark that everyone else has.

Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR Tack Driver

DSC09026.jpg

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I have a stainless Ruger MKII, I bought it as opposed to the MKIII cuz I dont like the safety features of the MKIII but have no factual basis for this, just personal preferance. I know alot of folks who really like those single six's for their accuracy and reliability, plus with the .22 mag cylinder it's like having two guns in one. Just my :twocents:.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm a Buckmark fan myself. Do not like the feel of the Rugers. I bought it last year for $360. It's got finger groove ruber grips, heavy barrel, and truglo front site. I have ran everything from bult, to sub-sonics. Probably about 500 rounds, with one single hickup. Great plinking gun, and very accurate.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Either the Browning or the Ruger will make a fine plinking/target pistol. Of the two I prefer the buckmark. Like somebody else mentioned it really comes down to which feels better to you.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    just bought the wife a walther p22, silver grip and polished slide. Very nice looking gun. It has a safety on both sides, that is nice for lefty's. It was a little over 300 bucks new.

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    I have the Buckmark, I love it. It seems to not be too picky about ammo. 300+ rounds with no jams, 1 dud round is all. I like the Walther P22 also. Have not shot any of the Ruger 22 pistols so I can't help you there. My suggestion, touch as many of the 22 pistols as you can, pick the one that feels the best. Have fun!!

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Another one to consider is the S&W 22A or 22S if you can find it. Accurate, good trigger, not too much money.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    just got back from the 1500 and i really didn't find much in the way of .22's. looked a a smith (don't remember model), i really didn't like the grip. i like the walthers grip and i think that would work great for my wife's hands and the kids when they're ready. i was hoping to find a beretta, but i didn't see any. don't know if that's a good thing or not. didn't see any buckmarks either, but i had trouble getting to some of the tables. trying to wrangle two small boys through that crowd was just slightly challenging. so i guess the search continues.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    I own a Ruger MKII 5-1/2" Bull Barrel it was my first pistol. I don't think it ever jammed. It likes anything I feed it. It is very accurate. with that said, I have shot the Browning Buck Mark Target and liked it also.
    I really like my Ruger but I think if I had to do it all over again I'd probably buy the Buck Mark Target. I like the looks of it better. :twocents:

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Sig Mosquito. Kind of picky on ammo at first, but has an appetite for CCI mini mags. Eats em good. Very fun to shoot.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You might want to try calling a couple of local gun shops and see who has the right guns for you. Then you can calmly compare them side by side and even bring along the family if you want.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    You might want to try calling a couple of local gun shops and see who has the right guns for you. Then you can calmly compare them side by side and even bring along the family if you want.

you know, that right there's not a bad idea. especially since i want to make sure it fits my wife's hands as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom