Lookie, Jon Stewart is/was a Tool for the White House (gaaaasp!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, does anyone remember when ethics were more than just a couple of dusty college courses in the Philosophy and Business Departments?
    I will bet that if Trump continues to lead in the polls, the MSM will develop a real love and concern for business ethics. We will get a daily blast of, what they consider to be, questionable behavior in his past business dealings.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I will bet that if Trump continues to lead in the polls, the MSM will develop a real love and concern for business ethics. We will get a daily blast of, what they consider to be, questionable behavior in his past business dealings.

As long as they can gather the information from polls, comedy show writers, and democrat politicos.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I guess THAT depends on who is the subject of the "ridicule". Comedy is comedy unless you are the subject of that comedy then its ridicule.

Look, I don't know what happened at the meetings. Not sure I care. Stewart was never going to break bad on the President more than mildly, on occasion, to seem more objective and because...hey, the President says and does some ridiculous things and to ignore the comedy just wouldn't be right. Philosophically, they seem to be in lockstep and it would not have taken meetings to make that happen. Would i put it past the President or his people to suggest some topic topics that would be helpful to him? Absolutely not, but again, who knows?

However, what I do know is that Stewart spent almost the entire video ridiculing anyone who was reporting on the meetings and about 5% of the time actually talking about the meetings. True, that is his style....wait, yes that is his style- ridiculing anyone that has a different viewpoint. That can be funny, but ridicule is far from the only tool in a comedian's tool belt. Stewart undoubtedly wants to influence people and trying to make anyone who disagrees with his look dumb is a frequent tact. He, the President and Alinsky have that in common.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Look, I don't know what happened at the meetings. Not sure I care. Stewart was never going to break bad on the President more than mildly, on occasion, to seem more objective and because...hey, the President says and does some ridiculous things and to ignore the comedy just wouldn't be right. Philosophically, they seem to be in lockstep and it would not have taken meetings to make that happen. Would i put it past the President or his people to suggest some topic topics that would be helpful to him? Absolutely not, but again, who knows?

However, what I do know is that Stewart spent almost the entire video ridiculing anyone who was reporting on it and about 5% of the time actually talking about the meetings.

What more should he have said about the meetings that he left out? Ridicule? Considering that the reporting was admittedly based on NOTHING other than 100% speculation, what else would a comedian do than to ridicule? Could the President called Jon Stewart to the WH to get him to politic for him on his show? Maybe, seems ridiculous but possible. OR....OR Obama actually likes Jon and invited him over for non-nefarious reasons, like he finds him funny and likes his company. Either way, it was not secret and was some time ago, why are the media outlets spending time on it? Slow news day?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

However, what I do know is that Stewart spent almost the entire video ridiculing anyone who was reporting on the meetings and about 5% of the time actually talking about the meetings. True, that is his style....wait, yes that is his style- ridiculing anyone that has a different viewpoint. That can be funny, but ridicule is far from the only tool in a comedian's tool belt. Stewart undoubtedly wants to influence people and trying to make anyone who disagrees with his look dumb is a frequent tact. He, the President and Alinsky have that in common.

What more should he have said about the meetings that he left out? Ridicule? Considering that the reporting was admittedly based on NOTHING other than 100% speculation, what else would a comedian do than to ridicule? Could the President called Jon Stewart to the WH to get him to politic for him on his show? Maybe, seems ridiculous but possible. OR....OR Obama actually likes Jon and invited him over for non-nefarious reasons, like he finds him funny and likes his company. Either way, it was not secret and was some time ago, why are the media outlets spending time on it? Slow news day?

In the previous administration, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck mentioned they were invited to meetings with George Bush. As best I can remember, Rush's said his visit was more of a "thanks for the work you do. Keep it up" sort of visit but Beck said his was a bit more confrontational. We shouldn't be surprised that politicians visit with entertainers, news makers, and such. If they're "friendly", you certainly want to keep them talking up your policies and helping you out. Obama should be thanking Stewart. The news industry being what it is now, he's about as trustworthy a news source as the left has. If Obama could sway Stewart, maybe lay a little groundwork, or give him a peek or two of what's coming, I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm not going to pretend Stewart has been corrupted just like I wouldn't if Rush and/or Beck talked up conservative policies and news.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    In the previous administration, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck mentioned they were invited to meetings with George Bush. As best I can remember, Rush's said his visit was more of a "thanks for the work you do. Keep it up" sort of visit but Beck said his was a bit more confrontational. We shouldn't be surprised that politicians visit with entertainers, news makers, and such. If they're "friendly", you certainly want to keep them talking up your policies and helping you out. Obama should be thanking Stewart. The news industry being what it is now, he's about as trustworthy a news source as the left has. If Obama could sway Stewart, maybe lay a little groundwork, or give him a peek or two of what's coming, I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm not going to pretend Stewart has been corrupted just like I wouldn't if Rush and/or Beck talked up conservative policies and news.

I think the difference is, Limbaugh and Beck are unalloyed right wing hacks, and nobody makes any bones about that. I'm actually fine with Obama having Stewart at the White House, or whoever else he likes to spend time with. (Heck, I'm sure his ex-drug dealing music pals have busy schedules and can't be there every day). But there are some Kool-Aid drinkers out there who think Jon Stewart is Wikipedia, and don't want to admit he's the Rush Limbaugh of the Left. People gravitate toward what they want to hear.

So let's just remember this, next time somebody starts off on one of their periodic Fox News rants.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW!!!

[video=youtube;XKXWDV2tVAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKXWDV2tVAo&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

Top Bottom