• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The wife and I were looking for trees to transplant when I saw this little one. DSCN0050.JPG It had to hear us talking and moving around. It didn't make a move.

The wife went back up to the house to get her camera. When she got back she got this picture. Then she went around in front of it to get a picture of its face. She moved a branch out of the way and it didn't like it.

It jumped up and ran away yelling for mom. Mom came running to see what the yelling was about. She was a lot closer than I thought she was. The way the little one sounded you would have thought it got slapped. They ran off to the back woods away from us.

Later the next day they were in our side yard when we were going out to go pick up some stuff. I do enjoy seeing them. The wife gets all excited over seeing them.

Click on image to see it bigger.

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    It's always pretty amazing how still the fawns will stay. They try to utilize their camouflage as their main defense. If they don't think you've actually seen them they won't move, and sometimes I've found even when they know you have it's like they pretend you haven't if you're not doing anything to threaten them.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    You guys are just saying stuff to get a rise out of someone. Hell there isn't enough meat on one to make a good meal.

I worked with a guy that said his dad had a coat made out of fawn pelts. I don't know if that is true or not. Seems like a lot of waste to me. You couldn't wear it out. How could you explain how you came by the pelts. There are no fawns during hunting season.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Happened to me last year. Walking the field and almost stepped on one. It didn't even look like it was breathing. Raced up to the house for the camera and it was still there when I got back, hadn't moved a hair. Cute.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It's always pretty amazing how still the fawns will stay. They try to utilize their camouflage as their main defense. If they don't think you've actually seen them they won't move, and sometimes I've found even when they know you have it's like they pretend you haven't if you're not doing anything to threaten them.

They can stay really quiet and not move for quite some time. Probably scared to death when it realized it had been discovered! We love things like that out on dad's farm...the kids really soak it up!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Always keep an eye out for them when running the bushog, have seen plenty but never hit one.:)

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Always keep an eye out for them when running the bushog, have seen plenty but never hit one.:)

Unfotunately, I hit one with the bush hog last year. I never saw it, but heard it scream just before the sickening grinding sound. It was such a mess, that my dog that was with me, wouldn't even touch it. I hope it never appends again.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I came acrosss a fawn in the road while riding my motorcycle on a backroad, it stood there and I froze so that I could look at it as long as possible.

I love your picture, it is a real delight to see them.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You guys are just saying stuff to get a rise out of someone. Hell there isn't enough meat on one to make a good meal.

I worked with a guy that said his dad had a coat made out of fawn pelts. I don't know if that is true or not. Seems like a lot of waste to me. You couldn't wear it out. How could you explain how you came by the pelts. There are no fawns during hunting season.
    Dont bet on that. Ive seen fawns with spots in November. Not ALL does follow the normal cycle of having fawns in June.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Ever pick up an extra heavy hay bale and wonder why it's soooooo heavy? The smell shoulda been my first clue. Yuk.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Nearly hit one cutting weeds with the bush hog. Saw it just in time, the front tire was almost touching it, then it moved.

Top Bottom